𝑿𝑰𝑿

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 19: Part of the plan

When you look at my past,
I need you to understand it
Wasn't part of my plan

Omniscient

Los Angeles, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 August 5th, 3:21 pm

August 5th, 3:21 pm

❣︎

"Aight, come inside with me to get ya sister. Ion want you in this car alone, so get out." Syre nodded his head towards the back passenger side door for Xyden to hop out of, while he raised his body from the drivers side.

He would have been okay with his son staying in the car, if he didn't know he was a target anywhere he went. And although all his cars were completely bulletproof, he wouldn't even want to traumatize his kids by being in any type of situation like that. He barely liked being in public with them for that reason, and not because he himself was scared of anyone, but simply for the sake of them.

He stood to allow Xyden to walk ahead of him towards the big building of gymnastics and dance. They had her in both because she enjoyed both a lot, and conveniently, they ran in the same black-owned building.

"You ever been here before?" He asked Xyden, who quickly shook his head no.

"Unt unt, only her performances." He responded to Syre who raised an eyebrow at the new information.

"Who was making sure y'all seen each other while I was locked up?"

"Remi." Shaking his head, Syre didn't know how to repay his cousin half the time for all of what he did. Out of all his family, Remi was always who he was so much more close with because he was just levelheaded and mature.

He didn't pump fake about anything, didn't force anything, he just did him and kept calm most of the time. That's why he was so shocked to find out him and Kimora were together when their relationship first started, because they're polar opposites. But opposites do attract, cause for the most part, it was the same for him and Amerie. She was the sweetheart and he was...him.

He let Xyden lead up to where they needed to be to sign Malani out from the dance class she was in. He'd never actually seen her do either of the things she did in person, because it was always Veronica who dropped her and picked her up and he'd only seen videos of her recitals.

"Hello, are you checking someone in or picking someone up?" Syre's face twisted up, hearing the squeaky voice of the receptionist who stood behind the front desk.

"Picking up." He mumbled, watching her type some stuff in. "Malani Acius." He informed what he knew was coming as the next question.

The woman typed something in again, with the smile on her pale face remaining. "I always thought it was pronounced Melanie." She giggled, despite Syre's lack of expression or enthusiasm. He instead felt an immediate wave of irritation with the longer he had to stand across from the woman, especially now knowing she was dumb.