𝐋𝐈𝐗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟗: 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐬𝐡

Let's not be alone
Empty thoughts fill the room
Breathe for me and I'll breathe for you
Let's be selfish, selfish, baby
Tonight

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀  𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟏:𝟏𝟏 𝐚𝐦

𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟏:𝟏𝟏 𝐚𝐦

|| Stop allowing your own head to act as a third party in a two person relationship ||
— 𝐒𝐘𝐑𝐄

He sat outside his car wide awake, fingertips tapping against the middle console with a certain wake of calmness that overcame his body.

His mouth gradually pulled in the smoke that slowly rolled down his throat, allowing him to sedate himself at the satisfaction that followed the slight burn against his insides. The part of his lips allowed the thick cloud to seep up towards the stars along the ceiling, flowing right out of the slightly cracked window that pulled out his smoke.

"You know, son, this wasn't a position you was ever supposed to be in." Elias' voice erupted through the car, breaking the silence that fell over him and his son.

Although his head turned to face the man who he'd known all his life, Syre's focus never came from the darkness of nature before then. "Obviously." He mumbled from the words of his father who chuckled to himself.

"Your momma...she cried for days when I let her know the plans of inheritance of this business. In her mind I was bout to corrupt her baby and strip him from having a chance at much-."

"So exactly what you did." He slowly nodded with the bitterness of a chuckle, "she wasn't too wrong, momma know best is what they say ain't it?"

"You think so?" Elias raised an eyebrow with a slow nod himself, just taking in the words of his son whose annoyance visibly grew.

The wrap of his lips around his blunt to inhale slowly was just an attempt at calming his nerves, although with the more he heard the voice of his father, the less it seemed to work. The slight bounce of his leg shown the agitation brewing.

"Nigga, understand if I didn't care about my motha, sister, nieces and nephews, and my kids...yo ass would've been rotting in the same gravesite every body I've dropped having a party at." He glanced over towards his father whose colored eyes stared over at his son, with a face that held an expression so unreadable. "I promise you."

"This the part where I'm supposed to cry? What those words mean to me—."

"You can't put yo fucking tough guy act off fa two seconds for your fucking son man? Ion beg for shit, I'm a grown ass man but from since I was little you constantly at me like I'm a random nigga off the street. I got my own family, ion give a fuck bout tryna rekindle with you, but eventually one of my hollow tips gon reach yo dome if youn get to figuring out what the fuck this is." Syre snapped despite all attempts to control it.