𝑿𝑿𝑰𝑽

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 24: Normal girl

This time next year, I'll be living so good
Won't remember your name, I swear
Living so good, living so good, living so good
This time next year, I'll be living so good
Won't remember no pain, I swear
Before that you figured out that I was just a normal girl

Omniscient

Los Angeles, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 August 15th, 3:00 pm

August 15th, 3:00 pm

❣︎

His dark limo tinted shades coated the grayness of his eyes that stayed fixated on the entry doors ahead of him. He walked casually in the broad daylight, every one of his senses heightened being that he walked in his lonesome. But if it was up to him, that's how he'd walk around every single day.

He didn't like the idea of the security he kept around him most times, because he felt he personally didn't need it. Didn't want it, he could handle whoever and whatever on his own. But it was for the sake of his kids, and those he kept around him that he allowed his father to make the call of keeping security on his son at all times.

Syre was no corner boy, not posted up in anyone's warehouse; calling him a drug dealer was even a stretch when he led an entire organization. He didn't play the dissing game, stacking up "opps" like he did when he was younger. He was farther ahead of that, he simply defended himself when needed and left it at that, but he ran a cartel and acted like it.

He sat comfortably most of the time, while everyone else did the work and brought money to his pockets. Only when it came to protecting himself, or his family, did he remind anyone wondering who he really was and the family he came from. There was nothing to prove anymore, he spent over a decade doing that to where he now just sat at the top and continued to expand. And anyone who got in his way to prevent such, he simply moved them with no thought or remorse behind it.

"When are you coming to see me?" Jaileen's voice filled the other end of the phone Syre held up to his ear.

"I might stop there after I finish the shit I'm doing right now, my daughter ain't with me so." He spoke lowly as he grabbed the door from the older woman exiting out of the hospital. She glanced up to send him a warm smile, as she continued on out the door with her walker.

Syre could hear some shuffling on the other end, until Jaileen's voice filled the line again. "Are you spending the night or just coming over, cause I can cook for you and get the house together." She offered up, hoping he'd agree since they hadn't seen each other in days.

"If ion got my son with me I'll slide, Ian staying the night though." He shut down with his body leant up against the wall.

He didn't trust her, and definitely not to the extent of staying the night with her. Anything could've happened, and he didn't need to have those risks with anyone. The only woman he really let his guard down for, when it came to everything, was Amerie. And he had no intentions on going down those same roads with anyone else ever.