𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟕: 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐰𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥

I'm a train wreck in the morning
I'm a bitch in the afternoon
Every now and then without warning
I can be really mean towards you
I'm a puzzle, yes, indeed
Ever-complex in every way
And all the pieces aren't even in the box
And yet you see the picture clear as day

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐋𝐎𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐀 December 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟐:𝟏𝟎 pm

December 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟐:𝟏𝟎 pm

|| So why you ain't trying harder? You want her, get her. Prove it to her. ||
— 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈

"You have the best gifts, thank you again." Amerie breathed out, admiring the array of gifts Layton had gotten her. She felt an overwhelming sense of appreciation at the fact she had someone who genuinely did bring her a form of happiness.

She didn't necessarily know how to fully classify her relationship with Layton, or her feelings. They never exchanged the love word, had few encounters with one another's family, and were still getting into the swing of things nearly a year later.

Amerie still struggled to wrap her head around the way the relationship sprouted, considering a brief reconciliation quickly turned into them picking up where they left off. Except this time, Layton didn't waste any time in making Amerie her girlfriend unlike the last. She still held suspicions when Amerie was around Syre, but she never verbalized anything as she never wanted to seem insecure or controlling.

"You're welcome, imma head out though to start helping my mom out with cooking and all that. I'll see you later okay?" She spoke from where she stood already outside of the doorway, her eyes raking up Amerie body that clothed in a silk robe and her bonnet.

Her fresh face and home attire were enough for anyone who was ever romantically involved with her, as she was so naturally beautiful. Even arguably looking better without all the makeup, as some others would deem her to be.

"Okay I'll call you later, tell your family I said hi and I wish I could be there tonight. I'll try and see what I can do, but my daughter's supposed to be coming back to my house tonight so I'll see." She informed Layton who nodded, pulling her girlfriend in for a brief hug and a kiss.

Their goodbye wasn't unnecessarily elongated, as Layton made her way down the hall for Amerie to close the door of her home back. She looked around at the beautiful, high-rise penthouse that was decorated in tons of Christmas decorations and spirit.