𝑽𝑰

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 6: Next chapter

Omniscient

Santa Barbara, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 June 3rd, 12:34 pm

June 3rd, 12:34 pm

❣︎

The eyes of her still body slowly blinked open in the secluded, silent room, with the exception of the constant beeping from whatever hooked up to her. She couldn't even get her eyes completely open before her body lunged over whatever bed she lay in, to release her insides onto the dark hardwood ground of the pitch black room.

A strenuous scream flew past her occupied mouth at the pain that shot through her, making her eyes pop open to stare into the darkness. In an instant, the beeping of the machine began to increase as a direct result of her heart rate speeding up through panic. She wanted to move from the position she lay in, but couldn't from the excessive pain she underwent in just those seconds alone as she began to dry heave from her puking.

"Relax!" A door flew open, bringing her blurred vision towards the source of light that peeked in following the body. "Relax, you're fine. It's me sweetheart, just relax." The soothing whisper of the voice of her mother sounded melodic in her ears, as she carefully helped the mess of a woman to lay back the way she was.

Her lips parted to speak, but nothing came out as her chest began to rise and fall even quicker. She felt her stomach turn in sickness as her body slightly began to tremble with the lightheadedness that took over her unstable mind. The sweat beads that danced along her forehead dripped a trail down her face as she began to gasp for air, her lungs feeling as though they were getting nothing no matter how hard she focused and tried.

She couldn't see who led the footsteps that rushed in, nor could her disorientated mind focus in on them.

"Amerie, I need you to close your eyes and just focus in on your breathing." An unknown voice coached as they began to gently rub along her temple.

She felt the brush of her eyelashes against her skin as her eyes fluttered closed so gently, allowing the soothing words of whoever rubbed at her head to get into her mind. She followed the pattern they created with their own mouth, using the specific breathing pattern to control her own that tried to take over her mind.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in, hold.... 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 out

Squeezing her eyes shut, she released a shaky breath as she just laid there. The silence in the room allowed her to get into her own head to calm down as she lay still, ignoring the sounds of the cleanup happening next to her. She didn't move when feeling her own mouth and face getting cleaned up, staying in her own tranquility to get herself together.

Her eyelids slowly fluttered back open, feeling her once staggered breathing come back down to be normalized. Or at least as normal as it would get in those moments, being that she could still feel the pressure and tension that balled up in her chest. The dim light of the room allowed for her to make out the fact she wasn't in there alone, despite still not knowing where she was outside of it being a hospital-like setting.