i did something wrong?

VALERIE'S POV

it's finally the prom day! i mean, i love england and my boarding school a lot, but i feel home only in spain. i want to go to barcelona as soon as possible and hug all my close people, whom i miss so much.

***

"christie, are you ready?" i asked my roommate, looking in the mirror and fixing my dress to look perfect.

"yeah! look" she told me with her extremely happy and shining eyes. she looked amazing; her black dress and high heels fitted her perfectly.

"my baby looks stunning!" i said laughing.

"aww, thank you so much! we look perfect"

"love you lots"

five minutes later she said my name.

"val"

"yeah?"

"what about alex?" christie knew all about our relationship problems.

"mm.. i don't know" i told her with this sad face expression, you know? we had problems all the time. i stayed with him even after all his mistakes. christie told me to break up a lot time ago, but.. i didn't hear her. don't know why.

"come on!" christie tried to make me happy.

"it's your prom day! forget about alex"

"who is this? i already don't remember" i winked at christie and continued preparation for my prom.

***

i finally dressed up. i had my new black dress on, also high heels, which lucas presented me a while ago. and, of course, my favorite chanel bag, that i bought while being in spain last time. i don't know why, but my happy mood changed into nervous and sad one. i started to think about my future, like.. i still have no idea what to do after the end of school. i need to find a job, to become successful. i also cried a lot, when i was in boarding school and nobody knew about it. when i was in spain, i told everything to soph. i mean, she is still my best friend and we talk a lot online, but it's not the same. i also had another best friend, who knew all my secrets. but now i don't even want to see his face. we hate each other. actually, that's the other story to tell.

we had our official part five days ago. my mum, dad and big bro came to england to be there for me in this important day. now we are having prom party, where only students are allowed. i love this rule, to be honest. we all need one day to have fun and chill out without thinking about problems and what our parents think.

christie and i were finally ready to go. we dressed up like twins! both in black dresses and high heels. she decided to go to the party with her best friend because neither her nor him have a couple. my decision was alex, of course. actually, something inside me hoped, that i could go with someone else. someone who cares. who cares about me. but, of course, stupid me decided to go with him.

***

"why are you always ruining everything?" i wiped my tears.

"just fuck you, valerie!"

he yelled at me and then he came closer. i made one step back trying to avoid him, but.. he punched me in the stomach. it was first time he hurt me physically. he hurt me and my feelings before, but it was only my mental health. my feelings.

"wh.." i didn't finish the question i wanted to ask. why? for what? i did something wrong?

alex looked at me laying down on the floor with my hand on the stomach. and he left without telling a word. i started to cry, but tried to do it more quite because.. because i didn't want someone to hear me. it was fucking prom, where people are supposed to hang out with their school friends. i really wanted to do the same. alex ruined everything again. he ruined not only this important day, but also something inside me. since that day i started to be scared of relationship, started to be scared of myself. i didn't feel enough confident even to walk with my friends. that's what he did that day.

i got up off the floor, fixed my dress and wiped tears off my face. i looked awful. and felt the same. i went to my room and sent message to soph. i didn't care if it was 2 am.

sophie💗

soph
alex punched me in the stomach
i feel so bad rn, like really bad
i can't do it anymore here

valerie, can you call?

i can

less than one minute later she called me. our call lasted about hour. i started to cry while talking to my best friend. she knew everything. everything about my problems. she listened to me, reassured and promised to take me to my favorite cafe in barcelona after my arrival to spain. i can't wait to come home. but thanks god i have my flight to barcelona tomorrow.

finally, i will go home.

***

author: i tried to post this story a lot of times before, but i was shy to do it. sorry for my mistakes! i hope, you like this story so far because it is only the beginning. what do you think about it? should i change anything? love you all. and thank you!💗