love, don't lie to me

GAVI'S POV

i am sure, that at least once in your life you wanted to hold the moment forever.

cold raindrops dripped onto my face and hair, making it raw to the point of impossibility, and at the same time making my clothes cold. the sun has long gone below the horizon, leaving only a slight trace of reminding in the sky, that there is always light in our life, even when it is not visible.

we stood in complete silence, looking at each other and i am sure each of us thought about our own. the fleeting memories, that were still fresh in my memory flew through my head at the sight of her deep brown eyes. the drops continued to wet my hair, face and leave marks on my wet clothes, but you can't even imagine how small this problem was next to her.

until now, she was like a fleeting vision to me, as something non-existent, because during all the time time she was far away i began to forget the emotions, that i feel next to her. but in just one meeting, in one conversation with her, i again experienced everything, that i experienced for so long, being next to her and sharing my life with her.

it was enough for me to look at her, even from afar, realizing that everything was fine. but i got a chance to stand close to her, feel the same rain together and look into each other's eyes frightened by love. but she decided to make this moment even better. my love took two steps towards me and wrapped me in her arms. i answered with the same, missing this feeling. i understood, that everything was still terribly painful for her. i know, that she loves her loved ones more than herself and is ready to die for them, so i couldn't even ask for more.

and then the cold drops of rain suddenly became warmer than any warm drink.

my head, completely exposed to the rain, lay on her shoulder, and her gentle hand stroked my hair. i could finally smell her perfume, which i tried to smell on some things, that were left in my house, but the smell gradually began to fade. the warmth of this moment helped me forget about all my problems at once.

we stood there for what seemed like an eternity, and our hearts beat in unison. i didn't think, that just a hug could make me feel better, can heal all my wounds.

VALERIE'S POV

"i have to go" i said with a quiet voice, not wanting this moment to end.

"is there anyone at home?" he answered, looking straight into my eyes. he tried to catch all my emotions and feel my mood with his heart.

"no one" i already turned to the door to quickly hide from the rain, but he took my hand and didn't let me go far from him.

"then i will stay" his gaze was filled with love and care. he definitely didn't want me to hurt myself.

but i also didn't want him to see everything, that happens to me at night.

"pablo, everything is fine, don't.." i didn't finish, because he didn't let me.

"love, don't lie to me. i see, that everything is not good at all. i just can't leave you alone with your thoughts, can you understand this?"

"pablo, i can handle everything"

"i don't doubt it, but why can't you let me help you? i missed you more than any living soul in this world, i missed your smile and i will definitely try to return it to you"

after these words i stopped arguing and just let him in. in both meanings of this word.

***

drops of rain were still hitting the window, but inside it was more comfortable than usual. maybe it's because i am finally home, or maybe it's because i am finally with the person i love.

we lay on the bed, wrapped in blankets, with no light to try to sleep. he held my hand in his, his touch made me feel alive.

"good night, pablo" i told him and breathed with relief, because he was here. he was next to me.

"good night, my love" his voice also sounded sleepy, but he still waited until i fell asleep first to check if i was fine.

and i fell asleep, but not for long.

GAVI'S POV

i don't know why, but in the middle of the night i abruptly woke up, feeling my heart beat faster than usual.

the rain grew stronger and stronger, but through the noise i could hear quiet sobs. valerie's sobs.

she tried to cry as quietly as possible so as not to wake me up, but i didn't care what time it was or what day, only her condition was important to me. i slightly touched her back and felt her twitch in surprise, but after just a couple of moments she rose to her elbows, then sat down and hugged me tightly, crying on my shoulder.

i hugged her tighter than usual, because i seemed to feel all her experiences and grief on myself.

even without words, it was clear, that everything was not good. she isn't doing well and she needs my help.

"i am always here for you no matter what, my love" i said as my voice grew quieter and quieter.

"i love you" i said to her and kissed her soft hair.

after my words, she pulled away from me and caught my eyes with her sad and devastated look. there were the sparkle of the moon and traces of fresh crystal tears in her brown eyes.

when she finally calmed down and felt better, she fell asleep on my arm. i stroked her hair, feeling every moment next to her. i was grateful to my life for having her nearby. and i am sure, that any problems are not eternal, the main thing is that there is a loving person nearby, who can light your way out of the darkness. show a way out of a seemingly hopeless situation.

there are obstacles on every path, every day there is a morning with bright sun and a night with dark twilight. there are always two sides, and there are always difficulties. but will it be so great to live without them? will it be so interesting to live every day? will it be so pleasant to feel the taste of victory without defeats and the complexity of the path you followed to conquer them? definitely not.

therefore, you shouldn't despair, shouldn't give up, and in no case should you look for only bad things in everything. when you feel bad, your loved ones and people, who love you will definitely help you. all problems can always be solved, and a way out can always be found. no matter what.

and never forget, that you are not worthy to be with a person in joy if you were not with him in sorrow.

***

i want to dedicate this chapter to aleyn4xo 🫀

thank you for always finding words of support, always being interested in me and always motivating me to continue moving forward. remember, that i am always here for you, you can always share everything with me.
i love you, my best friend❤️‍🩹