the spark ran between us

VALERIE'S POV

the sun rays tickled my face, so i opened my eyes and rubbed them with my hands. i looked around and saw gavi next to me. he was still sleeping, but sometimes scratching his nose because of the sun.

i started to look at him, while he was sleeping. his wounds were no longer so noticeable because i kept looking not at them, but at his soft brown curls, closed eyes and lips. on everything in him.

"good morning, my love" he woke up and said this with a sleepy voice, standing on his elbows to see my face.

"good morning" i kissed him, while smiling even during our kiss. i think, he felt how much i enjoyed kissing him every time.

i turned around to take my phone and saw two cups of tea. oops, pedri..

"we fell asleep and left pedri alone" i told gavi, feeling shame because of what we did to pedri.

"i hope, we can be forgiven by him"

"you should buy him a new ps game!"

"why me? you fell asleep too!"

we started to argue in a joke, it was so funny, i swear!

***

we went down to the first floor and made ourselves breakfast. gavi was sitting on the phone, as abruptly, as if seeing something, he raised his head from the gadget and looked at me. he really wanted to say something, but he couldn't because he had full mouth of cereals.

"whaaat?" i really wanted to hear the news, that he couldn't wait to tell me.

after he finished with cereals in his mouth, gavi finally started to talk.

"so, ale invited us to play football today"

"but today is a day off, no?"

"yes, but we want to play a friendly match with you, like with our girls, you know?" with their girls, i got it.

"it is a good idea, but.. i can't play football at all"

"i will teach you, don't worry"

"we will play for one team?"

"i don't know. if yes - we will win everyone, if no - i will win you"

"in your dreams, gavira!"

"will see"

"mhm"

***

gavi went home to change his outfit and greet pedri after yesterday accident. as for me, i was doing my make up in gavi's jersey at that time. finally, i could wear it without any extra thought and overthinking stuff.

i chose to wear my boyfriend's jersey with wide cargo jeans. as for make up, i eyelined my brown eyes, put mascara on them, applied lip balm and added some highlighter. ready to win!

***

pedri called me and asked to go out because gavi and him were outside. i sat in his car and greeted both of them, even though i saw gavi less than an hour ago.

"sooo, lovebirds, how did you sleep?" i could see pedri's smirk.

"i have never slept so good" gavi told this and turned around to see my face. i was blushing. i am blushing every time i am with him, i swear.