and you still stayed with me? - part 2

VALERIE'S POV

"i love you more" aleyna answered, still hugging me as tight as she could.

my eyes were wet with tears, and my head was filled with different thoughts. i thought about what would have happened if i had acted differently. what would have happened if i had not left. what would happen if my brother were here right now.

seeing how my friends were suffering, how they were crying in my arms, i convinced myself, that it was all my fault. but we can't fix the past, i can't go back to that day and tell my brother not to drive that damn car, even though i would give everything for that opportunity. i would never fly away from barcelona, ​​i wouldn't leave everything and everyone here if i could, but, unfortunately, people don't know how to change the past. but people have the ability to influence the future. believe me, every small action you take in the present affects your future. but sometimes we forget about this and think too much about the past, which sometimes we need to be able to let go.

***

we spent the whole evening talking with gavi, pedri and aleyna. i couldn't even imagine how much we missed each other.

i asked them about how they lived in barcelona, while i was away, and in response i received questions about my life in the usa. i told them, but i let out only half of what was happening. i didn't want to upset them.

GAVI'S POV

i saw how uncomfortable valerie was talking about her life in america, so i decided to change the topic and offer to dance.

"let's dance?" i asked, looking straying into val's deep eyes. i was magnetized.

when i asked, i heard aleyna laugh. she smiled sweetly and answered.

"i think, we know exactly who you want to dance with" i smiled at her words, because she was right. i wanted to dance only with one girl.

only one girl.
my valerie.

"come with me" i took val's hand and she stood up from the place, where she was sitting.

her hair was in her face, so as soon as i saw it, i took a strand in my hands and unnecessarily tucked it behind her ear. after that my gaze settled on her lips. but at that very moment i took him away and looked into her eyes, trying to find love, that i had been missing for so long. i was very afraid not to see there the same feeling, that i saw before, but i saw the same sparks in them. circumstances have changed, life has presented us with difficulties, but nothing has changed between us. she is still the same valerie, and i am still the same boy, who is head over heels in love with her.

VALERIE'S POV

i always loved to dance, music made me feel alive. sometimes dancing could help you forget something, and sometimes dancing with your loved one was better than any medicine. when he took my hand, it was as if a spark of electricity ran through my body. i looked timidly into his eyes, as if looking for something painfully familiar in them.

we began to dance, enchanted by the music and, probably, by our feelings. this helped me forget, but every next moment i again returned to the harsh reality from which there was no way out. from time to time i adjusted my jacket so that no one would see my scars. actually, i don't think anyone cares about them.