and you still stayed with me?

"we are breaking up not forever,
you will find out everything, but tomorrow.
we will fall apart,
i stand and watch you fade away."

***

i opened my eyes and the first thing i looked at was my hands, because in my dream there was almost not a single living place left of them. fortunately, in reality there were only scars, that hadn't healed in such a short time.

today the sun was finally shining in my face, and the sounds were the sound of birds, not pouring rain.

when i was back in reality, if i may say so, i looked at the bed and put my hand on the pillow, where pablo had been lying before he woke up. i knew, that he hadn't left yet, that he was there, but my fear still haunted me and i couldn't do anything about it.

i left the room and walked quietly into the kitchen. as soon as i took a step to enter, i saw a prepared breakfast on the table, and a huge bouquet of pink peonies in a vase nearby.

"my love has finally woken up" i turned around and saw pablo standing and sincerely smiling at me.

when a smile lit up my face for the first time in a long time, he came closer to me and hugged me tightly. i was wrapped in his arms, and he was warmed by my love, which was definitely felt, even despite the fact that i hadn't yet told him anything.

***

"seriously, pablo, thank you for everything" believe me, you would never have seen anything more obvious than my loving gaze. i sat and looked at him with love and gratitude, while my cheeks were red from blushing.

"i am always here, my love" he caught my gaze and i lost myself in his brown eyes, just like i had done many months ago.

we started to talk about everything, enjoying each other's company, and i asked him a question.

"don't you have a training today?" i caught his eyes with my questioning look.

"i have" he answered, looking straight into my eyes and trying to read all of my emotions.

"and you still stayed with me?" i felt bad, that i was making him miss training because of me.

"oh, valerie! of course, i stayed with you, because you mean so much more than any training, any sport, any other thing in this world" my eyes watered at his answer and my heart started beating much faster.

he will never understand how much i love him and appreciate everything he does for me.

GAVI'S POV

we were lying on the sofa with valerie and, to be honest, i forgot about everything in the world. i really missed her, her voice, our conversations and her smile.

but a phone call from pedri interrupted me.

i got up from the couch and apologized to valerie to answer.

"hola" i said and waited for him to talk.

"amigo, where are you?" he asked me as the voices of the teammates and xavi were heard in the background.