𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟐

I haven't stopped walking since I stepped out the front door, and my tears haven't stopped running down my face

I haven't stopped walking since I stepped out the front door, and my tears haven't stopped running down my face. It's dark out now, so the only thing making me visible is the city lights around me.

My phone has been vibrating in my bag, but I don't bother looking at it, whether it's my parents or my boyfriend, I can't bare talking to either.

How am I going to tell my boyfriend I'll be marrying another man? How am I to tell him, that it's no longer possible for us to run away and get married like we've been planning since we were kids. Luka and I aren't big fans of the "rich and business" lifestyle, but I don't have much of a choice yet — not anymore anyways.

Now I find myself chained down for life, without him.

It was once possible for me and Luka to get married together, even with my father's permission, our fathers would talk about it all the time, though that was before everything happened.

Thinking of him instantly makes me feel guilty, but as I was going to grab my phone and call him myself, it started vibrating in my bag again. I shove my hand inside and pull it out, but only to see an incoming call from my father.

I don't want to answer, I want to call Luka. I almost decline the call but knowing my father, he'll get me home one way or the other, and neither he nor his men are gentle. After a little pause, I lift the phone to my ear and answer, "Hello?" with a sniffle.

"Vivienne, we must talk, please be on your way home." He's back to his calm, dulcet yet demanding tone; he's probably had a few more drinks and is already ready to argue again. Though, I feel like there's nothing to argue about, I really do feel useless in this situation. He's way more powerful than me, and he always gets his way when it comes to his job.

I sigh in defeat, "Okay." my easy cooperation must have shocked him because he let out a slightly surprised chuckle before thanking me and ending the call. He's used to my refusal and arguing, but honestly, I've just accepted this, there's nothing I can do.

I pull my phone down from my ear and scan my phone, fifteen missed calls and countless messages from Luka, all displayed on my lock screen. My heart clenches and another tear rolls down my cheek as I unlock my phone.

I scroll past his contact and search for Benny's and the phone rings a couple of times before he eventually picks up, "Yes, Miss Whitlock?".

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

I didn't say a word the whole ride home, but Benny could tell something was up. After I thanked him and said goodnight, I walked up to the wide front doors and took a deep shaky breath, it feels so odd walking into my own home now, knowing i'm not wanted.

I push myself through the door, entering the quiet dark foyer, the only light coming from my father's office, at the top of the stairs. I quietly shut the door behind me before making my way to his office, trying to go as slowly as possible, still unprepared for this.