𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟒𝟒

This pitch-black room is driving me to insane

This pitch-black room is driving me to insane. The dripping pipe, this cold concrete floor, and this uncomfortable pole I'm tied to is driving me to insanity. Not having Ryder holding me, touching me, is driving me to insanity.

I don't know where I am, or how I got her. I've been kidnapped—obviously but by who? My senses slowly start coming back to me. A throbbing pain in my head made itself known, and was quickly followed by an ache that seemed to spread throughout my entire body. But I don't know why it hurts, I can't see anything, It's too dark in here.

I wonder if Ryder will ever find me, I wonder how I even got in this position, I wonder if I'm going to make it out, if my baby will make it out. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

The thoughts swirl in my cloudy head and before I know it, I'm having another panic attack, but I swear I'm becoming numb to the feeling, they've been too frequent.

I squeeze my eyes shut as a sob crawls up my throat, a tear managing to slip through my lashes and down my cheek. Now is not the time to be vulnerable, I need to think.

As I struggled to steady my breathing the sound of a man's vague, distant voice suddenly pierced through the silence, causing me to freeze, holding my breath as I strain my ears.

I listen as a few more indistinct male voices drifted by, their meaning lost on me when I can't make out what they're saying.

Until suddenly, a voice I know well cuts through the air. I perked up, my ears straining to catch more of the familiar voice. Luka?

No. No. I've officially gone insane. My brains trying to cling onto anything familiar, this isn't real.

I strain my ears again, listening intently for any other sound that might give away where I am, or who I'm with, but it's back to dead silence, broken only by the sound of my own rapid breathing. I'm back to the dark, cold room, and the sense of disorientation that comes with it.

I try to piece together the events that led me to this place, but my memory is almost frustratingly blank. Even with the vague memories I have, nothing will do any help to get me out of here.

I start to tug on the pole relentlessly, only to receive nothing but aching in my arms before I give up, slumping back again. My eyes scan the room, barely making out the dark shapes and figures surrounding me. It's too dark.

I don't know how long I've been in here, I have no perception of time, and not a slither of light gives it away, until suddenly, a jarring noise shatters the stillness, as a door creaked open and a beam of light pierces through the room. I've never been so grateful to see a slither of light in my life.

Despite sitting here in the dark for however long, my body feels heavy and drained, and I struggled to gather the strength to even lift my head to look at the man standing at the door.