𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟐𝟏

I may be a little tipsy, but I'm well aware that inviting your wife's boyfriend to a party is a little odd

I may be a little tipsy, but I'm well aware that inviting your wife's boyfriend to a party is a little odd. Plus, I've never known Ryder to be that generous in the years we've been best friends.

As I sat beside him, my eyes were focused on Vivienne. She was chatting away with the man seated next to her at the bar, giggling at his jokes and tossing her hair back in a flirtatious way. "Why did you even invite him?" I question.

Ryder shrugged his shoulders, avoiding eye contact. "Because, he means something to her," he grumbles, taking another sip from his glass. He's acting nonchalant, But I can tell by the way that he's staring daggers at the two of them, watching the guy's every move and hand placement, that he may be regretting his generosity.

He's sitting slouched over in his chair, legs spread, with his hands gripping a cold whiskey in between them while he basically gnaws on his inner cheek.

Over the years, I've witnessed Ryder involved in numerous fights. However, given his current situation, I'm not sure if putting himself to the entertainment of his wife with another man was the best idea. "If I just keep my distance from him, things should be fine." He spoke in a low voice, though it sounds as if he was trying to convince himself or something.

I shrug. I don't understand their situation, I probably won't ever understand, but why should it matter to me? I have my own life to live, my own problems to solve. I grabbed the bottle of champagne and brought it to my lips and in one swift motion, I tilted my head back and finished off the bottle.

Ryder leaned back in his chair and reached for his pack of cigarettes. He lit one up, the flame from his lighter casting a warm glow on his face. As he took a long drag, he exhaled a cloud of smoke and let out a deep sigh as he slumps into the chair.

"She looks sexy, doesn't she," he mumbles, still unable to take his eyes off of her. My heart skips a beat as he posed the question, catching me off guard. I take another look over at Vivienne, Her long brunette hair falling down her small frame, as she leans against the bar.

She's not ugly but she's not really my type, I've always only ever been drawn to blondes. Before I could even open my mouth to respond to his question, he cut me off with a sharp command. "Do not fucking answer that," he snapped, his eyes flashing with jealousy. I slowly lift my hands in surrender with a grin on my face, "All yours, man," I assured before grabbing another bottle from the table and popping the cork out.

I've never seen him like this over a woman before, and I never imagined he would be. Ryder has never shown much care for a particular girl, however, he has a strange protective tendency over women when it comes to other men. Say a man is physically or verbally abusing a women, Ryder is the one who'd step in and deal with it. Which doesn't usually end well.

And as bad as it sounds, I blame his commitment issues and lack of respect for women on his father. Ryder was taught to suppress his emotions and put on a tough exterior, and after his mother passed, Lloyd turned cold, and raised Ryder to be just like him. Money, sex, and more money.

But something seems different with this girl. Though, I'm just a plastered drunk, what do I know?

As I took a slow sip of my drink out of the bottle, the golden liquid burned its way down my throat. The dimly lit room was filled with loud thumping music, different coloured strobed lights, and many other drunk people, but my eyes managed to land on one person. A blonde chick in a red mini dress and black stiletto heels, strutting confidently towards the bar, before leaning on it seductively.

Now, that is my type.

Drunkenly, I rose unsteadily from my seat, determined to make it to my future Mrs. I pivoted on my heel to face Ryder, the bottle of champagne in my hand swishing along with my movement. "I shall not be gone for too long," I said, my tone light and teasing, accentuating my accent. "Do try to refrain from any murderous tendencies while I am away." I paused with a grin for a moment, taking a deep breath before making my way towards her.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───