𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟐𝟑

I woke up with the worst hangover ever, with very little recollection of last night

Confused, I stumble out of my bedroom, my hand pressed firmly against my throbbing temple. Ryder's already sat at the kitchen island, his eyes glued to the screen of his phone as he scrolls through his social media feeds until he eventually looks up and notices me standing there.

I drag myself towards the coffee machine, my eyes barely open as I ignore the smug smirk plastered on his face. "Have fun last night?" he asks in a teasing tone, I ignore that too.

I pour myself a generous amount of coffee into a mug, before turning around and sitting myself down at the dining table, resting my head on my arm. I can't remember most of the night, but I do remember talking to Luka, the loud music and the alcohol. so much alcohol.

Suddenly, the doorbell rings throughout the apartment, somehow louder than it usually is. A guttural grumble escapes my lips as the loud sound reverberates through my body and sends a sharp ache through my head.

Ryder's deep chuckle moved through the room as he strode towards the door, before opening it. But I don't bother looking up to see who's walking inside.

Ryder begins talking lightly, and I grow curious before eventually raising my head. A guy stands at the end of the kitchen island, having a conversation with Ryder.

His messy, curly brunette hair and tall, thin build seem familiar. I frown, my eyes studying him as I search my mind for any recollection of him, but I come up empty. Who is he and why does he seem so familiar?

I interrupt their conversation, "Who are you?" my question comes out straightforward and blunt, "Finn love, we met last night?" he replies with a chuckle, as if that's enough. How much did I drink, good god. I gave him a nod, but it was uncertain. I took a sip of my coffee as they resumed their conversation.

As I stood up from my chair, the sound of it scraping against the floor echoed through the room and the sudden movement caught both Ryder's and Finn's attention, causing them to turn their heads in my direction. I held up my empty mug, signalling that I was done with my drink.

I came to a halt, my eyes shifting between the two of them. Ryder's eyes were still fixed on me, his eyes roaming over my figure with an intense look. I look down, suddenly becoming aware of my outfit. A shirt that seems to belong to Ryder, and no pants. how did I even get into this?

Remind me to never drink again.

I give them a sheepish look before sliding my mug onto the counter, and quickly walking down the hallway. Once I'm inside my bedroom, I close the door behind me before collapsing onto my bed and grabbing my phone.

Despite seeing Luka yesterday, he's been very quiet and distant lately. I very rarely receive calls and texts from him now. I've tried to convince myself that it's just his busy schedule, But he's never really been like this. He's always made time for me in between work.

As I lay in bed, lost in the endless scroll of my phone, a faint knock interrupts the silence of my room. I lazily called out, not feeling bothered to rise from my comfortable position. Ryder peeked into the room, "Hey," he said, his voice low and measured. "Just wanted to let you know that I'm heading out, I should be home by dinner." He informs. As he turns to leave, an odd feeling washed over me, leaving me somewhat disappointed. Was it his company that I'm craving, or is it simply the fear of being left alone.

Suddenly, he pauses, before turning back to me.

Yes, stay.

I look at back at him, silently begging him not to leave. "Do you need anything while I'm out?" he questions, a hint of worry on his face. "Painkillers? Snacks?" He offers, but I shook my head in response. "It's just a hangover, I'll be fine," I said, flashing him a reassuring smile. He stood there for a moment, his hand hovering over the doorknob before finally giving me a nod, stepping out of the room, and pulling the door shut behind him.

Oh, man.

I strain my ears to catch the fading sound of his footsteps as they echo down the hallway and out the front door. The sound of the front door shutting echoes through the empty house, The sudden silence that follows is deafening, and I am left alone.

Startled by the sudden sound of my bedroom door closing, I jolt awake. It took me a moment to realise that I had fallen asleep. As my eyelids fluttered open, I shielded my eyes from the bright sun. With a quick sweep of my eyes, I searched the room for any sign of life, only to find it empty.

As I looked towards the foot of my bed, my eyes fell upon a pretty bouquet of flowers, a bottle of painkillers, and a box of delectable chocolates were arranged in a neat little cluster. I shake my head as a smile grows wide on my face, before digging it into the pillow beneath me.

He's unbelievable.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
AN/word count - 1000
It's short because it's a filler chapter, I apologise!
I usually update twice in a row if I upload a short-filler chapter. <33