𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟐𝟖

I'd woken up this morning after Ryder's confession, to the apartment empty and quiet

I felt a little odd. So I didn't get out of bed, or do anything really. I just shut my eyes and went back to sleep.

His secret burdened me, weighing on my shoulders like a ten-ton brick. I was surprised, to say the least, but then the initial shock began to fade, replaced by a strange sense of acceptance. It was as if I had finally come to terms with the reality of the situation.

In the world of this lifestyle, things had always been this way. It's not my first time hearing about a murder, growing up around my father.

I didn't blame Ryder, and I don't hate him for it. I don't hundred percent understand why he went so far as I left most of my questions out, but I'm sure he has his reasons. Like the night at the bar, when the perv kept touching me. I wonder if he's dead too.

But I certainly didn't miss the part when he casually mentioned his mother during his rant. I've never met her before, nor heard of her. I didn't really know what to assume, but I've never thought much about it.

But now there's a nagging thought in my brain, and I want to know. I want answers.

It's been a few hours, and he's been in his office ever since he came home. It's been tense, no words shared between us, only slight smiles when we pass each other. But now he's in the shower, and my curiosity gets the best of me.

I stroll down the hallway and into his bedroom, pushing the door open. The room is quiet, except for the sound of water cascading from the shower. I make my way over to his bed, my eyes taking in the sight of the perfectly made sheets and pillows.

I take a seat on the edge of his bed, feeling completely out of place. I've never been in his room before. As my eyes roam around, the water suddenly cuts off, bringing my attention back to the closed bathroom door.

He takes a while in there. assuming he's getting dressed, my eyes continue to search the room again. It's somewhat modern, like the rest of the house. But a little more dull, lacking the personality that I know he has.

Suddenly his tall figure appears in the doorframe, and hearing my name brings me back to reality. I'm a little hesitant to look up at him, but when I finally manage, I'm shocked to see his bare, tattooed chest staring back at me.

He's quick to throw a shirt over his head and begin drying his hair as If it's completely normal for me to be in here.

I'm suddenly at a loss of words, and I don't want to question him any more. "What's up?" his husky voice cuts through my thoughts again, my eyes blinking back to focus on his face.

My mind is blank. "Oh— nothing, I forgot." I stutter out, feeling a little embarrassed as I stand from his bed, heading towards the door.

"Don't leave, wait till you remember." he stops me, as he sits himself down on the bed, reaching for his phone.