𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟑

My father has been on my ass all afternoon, and while I'm not in the best mood, I've been trying to seem enthusiastic about this whole idea for his sake

My father has been on my ass all afternoon, and while I'm not in the best mood, I've been trying to seem enthusiastic about this whole idea for his sake. But I can't stop thinking about Luka and how upset he was, even after he kissed me and promised he'd be okay when he dropped me off, I couldn't find that certain familiar sparkle in his eyes that he used to have when he looked at me.

I've spent the rest of the day getting ready for this miserable dinner, in which I'll be meeting my fiancé. Tears have been threatening to fall the entire time I've been applying my makeup, but I managed to contain them.

While lost in thought, a knock at the door jolts me back to reality and I realise I had zoned out into the reflection in the mirror. "come in." I call out. My mother enters the room quietly, and in her quiet gentle tone, she greets me before strolling crossing the room, towards my bed. I catch a glimpse of a dress in her hands, just before she lies it down on my bed and out of my view.

"Hey—" I respond, while smiling at her through the reflection of the Hollywood mirror in front of me. "I thought I'd let you know that the Forbes will be arriving in less than an hour." She's dressed in a formal dress with her makeup and hair done up nicely, the same as she does for any normal gathering, except this isn't so normal.

I feel myself tense at the casual mention of the 'Forbes', and suddenly become really nervous. Despite getting ready for it, I've tried to distract myself from the thought. I try to shake it off and continue my makeup, without responding to my mother. "I'm proud of you dear, for doing this for your father, you've made him very happy." It's obvious this isn't what she wanted either, but that doesn't mean anything to me since she wasn't the one to refuse this.

When I don't respond again, she nods and takes a deep breath in, before exiting my room, once the sound of her heels against the floorboards fades, I release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

I stare into my reflection again before finally standing up and heading towards the dress she had laid out. It's pretty, nonetheless, my mother is known for her excellent fashion taste, but that doesn't mean I'm any happier with this situation. It's more like a beautiful dress gone to such an unfortunate event.

I sigh and lift the dress up off the bed, before changing into it completely. It fits perfectly, and it looks really good on me. I could do a few twirls, but for the appropriate situation, I'll contain myself.

I grab matching Louboutin red bottoms and slide them on, as well as some designer jewellery from my collection. And just as I'm finished, the sound of the doorbell echoes through the entire house, and then my father's excited voice calls out my name seconds after.

Anxiety begins to form in my chest, and I can almost feel a panic attack approaching. But for everyone's sake, I try and brush it off.

I take one last look in the mirror before leaving my room and heading towards the top of the stairs, and the closer I get, the more unfamiliar voices I can hear.