𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟒𝟓

It's been a few days since I was snatched away from my home

It's been a few days since I was snatched away from my home. Ryder found me, and he got rid of them; how, I don't know, and I don't care; I'm just relieved to be back home where I belong. However, things are not quite back to normal.

After being by my side for majority of the time, making sure that I'm okay, and still apologizing every chance he gets, Ryder's now been busy trying to get things sorted with other things over the phone, trying to get answers to everything no doubt.

He believes that Vito had betrayed him, and ended up using everything against him from the past year. He doesn't know why, blackmail perhaps, but it doesn't matter. He still did it.

Everything was a set-up. The guy at Finn's party, was there to deliberately tick Ryder off, knowing that he'd react, and managed to get a photo from the side, which was the last piece of proof they needed for the arrest.

Which then allowed the people to take me without needing to go through Ryder, but they should've known better. He's Ryder Forbes.

I still don't know what plans they had for me, or who else was involved, and it makes me sick to think about. But I'm happy nothing ever happened, even though it was close.

He's been under a lot of stress and hasn't been sleeping well, and while I've been stressed too, I've had the added burden of keeping the pregnancy a secret.

I don't know how far along I am, but I think I'm starting to show, so that means I'm further than I thought. I know I need to tell Ryder, but I'm nervous about his reaction. With everything that's happening, I don't want to add to his stress.

But Wren has convinced me that the truth has to come out, no matter how difficult it is. Which I agree with, but it's hard. I don't want him to be unhappy or upset about this, especially when I want it.

I watch as he paces back and forth to the living room, his brows furrowed in concentration as he spoke in hushed tones to whoever was on the other end of the line.

I swallow the knot in my throat, continuing to put away the dishes in the kitchen, doing anything to keep myself occupied when suddenly, I accidentally knock over a wine glass, shattering it all over the floor.

The sudden loud noise made me flinch, my hand instinctively covering my mouth with a slightly shaken gasp. Without thinking, I dropped to my knees, wincing as the sharp edges of broken glass stick into my skin as I began to pick up the scattered shards,

"Vivienne." Within seconds, Ryder's ended the phone call and rushed to my side. "What's the matter?" his voice full of concern, gently moving my hands away from the glass, holding them in his hands.

He examined them closely, searching for any signs of blood before turning his back attention to my face, studying me with worry.

I shake my head, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes. I quickly sniffle my nose with the back of my hand, trying to hold back the flood of emotions but it's overwhelming. I let out a deep sigh, leaning against the kitchen island, my eyes fixed on my hands as I tried to find the right words.