𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟏𝟑

I swung my leg over the sleek, black motorbike, feeling the leather of the seat beneath me

I swung my leg over the sleek, black motorbike, feeling the leather of the seat beneath me. With a swift motion, I pulled the helmet over my head, the visor masking my view. The engine roared to life as I revved it, eager to hit the road.

I can tell that Vivienne isn't comfortable nor happy with this arrangement, not as happy as me anyways. So I've decided to give her space to adjust, despite the constant need to be in the same vicinity at all times.

The engine roars again as I rev it before speeding out of the garage and onto the road. I head towards the bar that I usually go to, where I had spent countless nights picking up chicks to fuck for a few short hours before I tossed them aside the next day. It was a routine that had become second nature to me, a way to escape the boredom of my regular hardworking routine, and while I never intended on staying loyal and planned on continuing with this, Vivienne had turned it all around. No complaints though.

I eventually arrive, parking up on the side and taking my helmet off. As I pushed open the door and stepped inside, the familiar scent of alcohol and cigarettes washed over me.

I made my way over to the worn-out stool and took a seat. The bartender, a gruff-looking man with a thick beard, approached me with a nod. "The usual?" he asked, his voice rough and gravelly. I nodded in response. he begins pouring me a glass of amber liquid, the ice cubes clinking against the glass as he pushes it towards me. I took a sip, feeling the warmth spread through my body.

I don't actually even want to be here tonight, I'd much prefer being at home with Vivienne so she isn't so alone, but I know she'd be more comfortable as is.

Suddenly, a warm body, and a breath reeking of alcohol, pushes up against me, pulling my attention towards it. My eyes study her, it's a usual bimbo, messy, dirty blonde hair, smudged lipstick and the tiniest skirt I had ever seen that left little to the imagination. She had a smirk playing on her lips as she dragged a finger up and down my bicep.

She was the kind of girl I would have taken home without a second thought. But as she leant in closer, an unfamiliar feeling surged through me, and I couldn't help but push her off me. "Ugh, what is your problem?" her voice stuck in a high-pitched tone, her words slurring slightly as she spoke. "I'm married." With a look of disgust, I turned away from her and focused on my drink. In one quick gulp, I finished it off, feeling the burn of the alcohol as it went down my throat.

I tap against the counter, indicating for another one. I lose myself in the television above me, trying anything to distract myself from Vivienne. I truly believe she hasn't not been on my mind since I first saw her, she's consumed everything in me.

I let out a low grumble before taking a sip of the alcohol, which doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I reach into my pocket, pulling out a cigarette and bringing it to my lips, before lighting it up. The smoke filled my lungs as I inhaled, the familiar sensation bringing a sense of calm to my restless mind.

With the cigarette dangling from my lips, I let my eyes wander across the dimly lit room. A group of men were engaged in a game of pool, their cues gliding smoothly across the green felt. Across from them, another group of men were huddled around a table, their faces tense with anticipation. Illegal gambling, no doubt.

Instead of getting up to join them, I took another drag from my cigarette and leant forward on the counter, letting the smoke curl around me like a cloud.

With a nonchalant flick of my wrist, I check the time. I feel like I've given her enough time, I could only imagine she's in bed by now. I put out the cigarette, smashing it in the nearby ashtray before taking another sip of the drink and pushing the glass back, along with a few notes that I couldn't be bothered to count before standing up and making my way back outside.

As I stepped outside, a gust of crisp, cold air hit me in the face, instantly refreshing me. I head back towards my bike, climbing back on and pulling the helmet on. The sound of the motorbike roaring to life, fills the air with a deep rumble.

I kicked the bike into gear and took off down the road, The crisp air whipped against my skin as I soared through the road.

When I arrive home, I make my way inside. The apartment is quiet and dark, and her door is shut with the light off. Trying to be quiet, so I don't wake her up, I head down the hallway to my bedroom before reaching the door to my room and slipping inside, before softly closing it behind me.

It's just going to be another night of thinking about her until I fall asleep, but at least we're moving somewhere. Eventually, I close my eyes as my they grew heavy, knowing that she was now only down the hall from me, and not in a completely different house.

The simple thought of her being close by was enough to put me into a deep and restful sleep.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
AN/word count - 1000