𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟏𝟓

I practically throw my bowl of cereal into the sink, the clatter of ceramic echoing through the kitchen

I practically throw my bowl of cereal into the sink, the clatter of ceramic echoing through the kitchen. I was actually enjoying it but I've lost my appetite after her little announcement she gave before storming out.

A boyfriend? What the actual fuck.

How was I supposed to know she had a boyfriend? Am I really surprised though, look at her, I couldn't imagine anyone who wouldn't be in love with her.

I sigh, running my hands through my hair. I'll leave it alone for now, I've got other important priorities to deal with than a little prick who thinks he can have my wife. He just better hope he can fight.

Just as I'm about to walk out of the kitchen, my phone begins to ring, a private call displayed on the screen. speak of the devil.

I slide it off the counter, "Vito." I brought the phone to my ear and let out a mumbled response, trying to show my focus on the conversation.

I head down the hallway and into my room as I listen to him. He mutters a few things, I reply with curt responses, he fills me in, and I listen, as usual in our conversations. Except this isn't so usual, he already called me yesterday, I thought we had this all under wraps, or is there something he's not telling me?

I couldn't shake the feeling that something was off, but I stay patient. "They know about your new marriage Ryder, they're not after you anymore." I come to a sudden halt, my eyebrows pinched together as I try to understand what he's telling me. "So what does that mean?"

"It means, they're not interested in you anymore," he said, his voice low and urgent. "It's the girl they're after. She's an easy target." As I held the phone to my ear, his voice droned on, before a deathly silence took over the line. An uncontrollable rage began to surge through my veins. The mere thought of those filthy pricks laying their hands on her is enough to get me angry.

"They don't know where you live yet," he warned in a hushed tone. "I suggest you lay low, avoid any unnecessary drama or business, and keep a watchful eye on her if you care about her at all." His words hung heavy through the phone, If only he knew I'd go to the ends of the earth to protect this girl, she's the last person they'd touch, or anyone for that matter.

With a deep sigh, I huffed and brought my hand up to pinch the bridge of my nose as I begin pacing back and forth at the end of my bed. I took a deep breath, my eyes scanning the room as I gathered my thoughts. "I can do that, easy. Why can't these cunts just let it go, this was supposed to be over a year ago." I state in irritation,

Vito clears his throat, breaking the beat of silence, "This wasn't the plan, but it's how it is." his voice low and steady, "Remember what I said, Stay low, keep casual, keep your guard up, this'll cost a life, it's not worth it." he warned for the last time before ending the call.

With a frustrated sigh, I launched my phone on the bed. it was one thing coming for me, but Vivienne? They're playing with fire. I need to deal with this.

I'm not sure when she'll be back, but I know that I want to be here when she does, so I better make this shit fast. I reach for a clean black Off-White shirt, quickly pulling it over my head, before sliding my shoes on, grabbing my keys and quickly heading out the door.

With a determined stride, I stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for the parking garage. I slid into the driver's seat of my Venom GT. With a twist of the key, the engine roared to life, echoing off the walls of the large concrete garage.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
AN/word count -