𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩 𝟒

Oh fuck

Oh fuck.

Those two words were the only thing that came to mind the moment my eyes landed on the beautiful figure standing at the top of the long staircase.

Suddenly, I am aware of the weakness in my legs and their inability to support my weight. My teeth grind together as I stare at her from the bottom, examining every part of her body. Her beautiful, tanned leg peeks out of the side slit of her black dress, and her long, silky brunette hair falls just over her full bust cleavage and stops just below her waist.

I had seen three or four photos I managed to dig up on social media with a little research, so I could somewhat prepare myself with what I'd be dealing with, but with the surprising lack of photos she's posted, none did her enough justice.

I've been fighting this horrible arrangement all week up until this point, where one looks at her has my resistance fallen in a split second.

This wasn't the plan either, so you might as well say I've been caught off guard. I was supposed to be marrying a boring, mind-numbing girl, who had nothing going for her but her daddy's money — all for business benefits of course — but I'm afraid things are different with this one.

Just as I think I've got everything under control, she smiles, and suddenly, all my self-respect and composure have been thrown out the window at once, as if her looks aren't powerful enough, she has the prettiest, smile ever.

As if a simple smile is enough for me to drop everything and run towards her with an open wallet, assuming she loves money anyways — I swear I can feel my legs urging forward.

Before she has the chance to do anything further jaw-dropping, pretending like her whole existence doesn't have a powerful impact on me, I nonchalantly nod my head before quickly brushing past her father, and inviting myself further inside the house.

I must keep front, after all, I wasn't supposed to be interested in her. In fact, no woman has ever had this power over me, hence why I've never been in a relationship before. decent fucks here and there, but nothing I'd ever be committed to.

Thankfully, I find myself in the dining room, and the parents aren't far behind me before we're all seated around a large dining table covered in buckets of champagne and empty plates.

She's seated opposite of me, smiling oh so beautifully again, except she's not looking at me, but engaging in the dull conversations between the adults, with her third flute of alcohol raised to her lips.

The food was eventually brought out, and I stuffed myself with fish, meats, and vegetables while conversing with the men about business matters.

But I couldn't help but notice that she hadn't touched her food, but was more distracted by something in her lap, a phone no doubt. And whatever is displayed on the screen isn't pleasing her much, considering her disappointed face, making me miss that smile of hers.

When I realise how long I've been staring at her, I bring myself back to the conversation at the table, where I overhear my father boasting about the previous charity event I held last week. Although it was highly successful, it's not something I like to hear being bragged about.

I take another glance at her, as if I can't get enough. but this time, she looks up at me, batting her long eyelashes. I uncontrollably smirk at her, before looking away before I can do anything else out of my control.

"Shall we gather in the living room, I'd love to hear more about your upcoming charities." her father announces across the table, everyone agrees and stands, all except Vivienne, who has her head down in her lap once again, looking overly worried. "Vivienne?"

Her name being repeated seems to catch her attention, and she's quick to correct her manners. With a nervous smile to her father, she slides her phone on the table, before standing up and out of the table.

The parents leave the dining room first, leaving me and Vivienne behind. She grabs her glass and heads towards the door, not making eye contact with me, as if she's nervous, so I hold my arm out, inviting her to walk first, before quickly following after.

More conversations were made in the living room, none that had my interest anyways. My eyes had been roaming Vivienne all evening, and I'm afraid it's getting out of hand. She has one bronzed leg draped over the other as a champagne flute dangles from her hand.

I believe she's my new and only interest, I may never have a new interest again. She's become my new world, everything revolves around her, starting now. I believe my heart has completely forgotten to know her before it's fighting so hard to claw its way out of my chest to get to her. Does that matter anyways? i'm marrying her after all.

God. what is wrong with me.

I manage to peel my eyes off her and realise what is going on inside me, i'm becoming vulnerable. I shake the feeling off before turning my complete attention towards the parents conversation, they're talking about the wedding, our wedding.

My father shares some words with her, before shaking her fathers hand and closing the deal. The whole sole purpose of this, i mustn't get distracted by a girl, this is for money and prosperity, not love. This isn't real.

After some time, the evening comes to an end, and all of us end ourselves standing together in the foyer. The adults have already made arrangements for all of us to participate in an event  tomorrow. It is something I'm not too disappointed about, given that it means I'll have more opportunities to look at Vivienne.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───
AN/word count - 1000