Prologue

Before

Nino's POV

It was almost the end of September when I was standing with Mr. and Mrs. Dupain-Cheng and with my friends near the helicopter. We are saying goodbye to Marinette as it is the day she's leaving Paris to finally start the apprenticeship with Audrey Bourgeois in New York.

A lot has happened that led to this day.

To begin with great news. Ladybug, with the help of Viperion, Monkey King, Pegasus, Bunnyx, Rooster Bold, Caprikid, Ryuko, and me as Carapace, we have defeated Shadowmoth, or should I say Gabriel Agreste, easily, who is spending his time in prison.

Natalie got cured after using the broken miraculous, so she is taking care of Adrien.

Like I care about him anymore.

Chat Noir, or Adrien, had his miraculous taken after not only because he only came to the battles just to flirt with Ladybug and would not help until she finally be his girlfriend, but also because he decided to 'teach her a lesson' and work with the villain!

I was not surprised to find out that that was Adrien, I mean like people say, like father like son. And since this day, I ignored him and never talked to him or about him ever, especially when he is dating that lying snake.

Mr. Highroad-man and Miss. Obviously-a-liar. Perfect match though.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Ever since Lila came back from 'traveling,' she started to spread more lies, especially about how Marinette did this to her or did that to her. Ridiculous!

And she spread a few harmful lies about me as well!

And when I thought that my class are smarter than this, they are swallowing these lies very easily. And they turned against Marinette and me without thinking twice.

The full year they had been insulting us, giving us glares, ignoring us, and even tripping us with their feet.

But there is one thing they did that made Marinette leave Paris.

Mari's POV

I was currently saying goodbye to all my friends, which are Kim, Max, Nino, Alix, Marc, and Nathaniel. Luka, my boyfriend with his father, Jagged Stones, is coming with me as Luka is going to start his music career in New York, but I know that he is going because I am leaving as he could always start in Paris.

Kagami is in Japan with her mother as her mum took her business to Japan, but I always call her when I can.

And Chloe and her father are in New York already since he is no longer the mayor. All my other so-called friends don't even know about me leaving.

Lila has painted me as a bad guy and I get verbally bullied or cyberbullied because 'this is a payback for what I did to Lila,' and the school doesn't care that I was getting bullied, as long as I set an example to my class and apologies for my 'actions.'

They only know that I left this school, but they don't know exactly where I will be.

If they would use their brains, they would know that I have an offer. I don't care anymore after what they did to me.

Flashback

I got to the school before the class started thanks to Tikki pranking me about the time.

When I went inside the classroom, Lila was smirking at me, Adrien was showing a disappointed look, and everyone was either glaring at me or even ignoring me.

I paid no attention to them, but what caught my eye was that Alix was looking at me concerned. She is sitting beside me ever since I was forced to sit at the back.