Chapter 4

Lila’s POV

I cannot believe he got away! And that those people threw paint at us. Who do they think they are?
But I don’t think Nino will get away from this easily.

Flashback

I walked with Adrien, Alya, Ivan, Mylene, Sabrina, Rose, and Juleka to the park to hang out. It was a good moment to ruin Nino’s reputation for not telling us where Mari is.

I know he isn’t telling the full truth. I will make him say it if I have to. But I won’t do it on my own. They will.

“I need to tell you something to tell you, guys, because I can’t hold on to it anymore” I caught their attention while walking.

“What is it, Lila?” Rose looked worried.

“I tried to talk to Nino and see why he hates me, but when I tried, he didn’t take it well.”

“What did he do?” I saw Alya getting angry when I said his name. Bingo.

“Well, he said many harsh things to me, and he even pushed my shoulder hard.” We were entering the park. “And Nino told me not to tell anyone or else ‘I will regret it.’ I didn’t know what he meant by that.”

“Wait, isn’t that Nino right there?” Mylene pointed at them, who started to take off with his friend group.

“That’s Nino!” Sabrina said it with anger. That is so beautiful to watch.

“Let’s get him!” I shouted and we all took off after them.

I was supposed to get information from Nino, not Paint!

I will make him suffer for ruining my clothes.

Nino’s POV

I returned home safe. No sight of my former friends and that clown.
I got at least Selena’s phone number, and she got mine so we can text each other.

She has plenty to say and she is a great listener. I know that she loves singing and has an obsession with fashion wearing.
I told her how I wanted to start my DJ career and about my scholarship thing. She told me that it is a wise choice I am making. She is cool.

I got to my house. When I entered, hell began.

I saw Rico, Chris, Mum, Dad, and Mrs. Utile in the same seats as the last visit. Déjà vu I am getting from that.

I check the clock. It’s 4:50 pm, why is Mrs. Utile early?

I didn’t have time to think of that as my siblings and parents are hugging me and checking if I am ok. My mum started to speak.

“Nino, I don’t care what you will say about it, but you are going to transfer schools. This is too far now. You will start on Monday, but we will go a day before…”

“Ok.” Everyone paused confused. “I want to go anyway.”

I looked in the corner of my eye Mrs. Utile smiling and preparing papers again. My dad got my attention.