Chapter 26

Before

Kate’s POV

“Wait, who is Lila again?” Chelsea and everyone else looks confused at me and Rico.

My team and the boys are sitting with us on the sofa in Rico’s dorm.
I have invited them to explain the current situation to them.
Thank God, they have time to listen.

“Lila is a liar who ruined my brother’s and my childhood friends’ lives by making them suffer in hell. Mari left and Nino will be joining my school.” Rico looked pissed when she said that again.

I didn’t tell them yet about what she did to me. It took a lot of courage to say this, but I finally did.

“She ruined my life in Italy.” Everyone is shocked now. “I vowed to help others who are suffering because of Lila and expose her for good. I know how to do that.”

I picked up a new notebook from my bag. It says on the first page ‘To expose the Liar’.

“So, by lying, she ruined your lives?” Shanique is annoyed about it and shocked that this is even possible. I nodded at that.

If I want to, they know what I am signing them for, they need to know the full details of the story.

“Lila joined my middle school when I was 12. I thought that she wasn’t that big of a threat, but she started to lie about everything and everyone. I was the only one who didn’t believe her, so I ignored her.”

My team is all listening clearly to this. They never heard of my past and today is the day.

“It was when she lied about my presentation for my assessment that it is hers. I was declining it, but the teacher disqualified me anyway, even though I showed her the process of how I made it.”

They all looked shocked about this. Mochi throws his head back from shock.

“After that, Lila kept lying about more things I did. Stealing her stuff, cheating on the tests, and other small stuff, even though I had never done any of the things before Lila came.”

Their facial expressions showed that they are angrier at her.

“Soon, the lies increased to more aggressive accusations, and eventually, my mum and dad found out from Lila and my former friends about these accusations. My parents didn’t even listen to what I wanted to say.”

I felt myself crying right now. They still are looking at me.

“They disowned me…”

“WHAT!?!” Rico and Chelsea were the loudest ones to scream from all of them, while Anna blocked her ears.

“Yes, they did. Miss Ivy found out about this a few days later when I arrived at her place with my two suitcases and my notebook that I have in my hands right now. She is my mum’s best friend and my Godmother, so I trusted her the most. She listened when I told her everything with every small detail. She was always there for me and will be for me.”

Everyone went up to hug me.

“Girl, that is a really bad part of your past you had.”