Chapter 21

Shanique’s POV

It is Gala time!

I am currently getting myself ready for it. I put on my dress, got my hair straightened, and applied makeup in the bathroom.

After I had my hair done, I heard my mum shouting.

“Shanique! Are you done using the bathroom?”

I came to her room soon after to see my mum dressed up like a super-agent in disguise. She has a black dress with fur as a coat.

“You look great, Mother.” She nodded and went to the bathroom to get ready.

Mochi told me that they rented Lamborghinis for each pair with drivers for the ride to the Gala and home. My mum is joining us. I don't mind that.

I heard my ride arriving, so I grabbed my stuff, and we headed out to get into the car.

“You guys look amazing!” We smiled at that. “Here is everything you will need, Mrs. Cauchemar.”

He handed a big file of papers with the pen drive with the footage. My mum nodded a thank you and put the stuff in one of her file cases, which is the big one she has.

Someone get me popcorn because this will be the night of our lives.

Nino’s POV

We all got prepared to go and I saw two Lamborghinis in our driveway.

What the hell?

In one of them is Stuart with his parents and in the other one is Selena with Luka and Kagami.

Luka has a dark blue suit with a light blue-collar shirt and Kagami has a red thigh dress with black and gold deco at the bottom bit. They look great.

“Hi, Lost DJ! Get in!” I got into the car after I said bye to my parents.

I said hi to others as the driver started driving to the destination.

“Hey, Nino. How is your day?” Kagami gave me her usual smile.

“Alright. Just nervous.”

“Don’t be.” Selena held my hand to support me. “This is the day when we can have fun. The entertainment is in the end though, so we can go dance, chat with famous people, and maybe even hear how the Star Effect sings with the Lost DJ.”

“Yeah, you are right. Imagine people’s reaction to my facial reveal.” My excitement lit up until it faded away. “But how would they react anyway? Would they still like me after that?”

“Hey, Nino.” Selena made me look at her.
“They love you. And this won’t change after the reveal. If so, they will love you more as they can get to know you.” She put her head on my shoulder.

How did I get so lucky? This is the best relationship I have ever been in as we are both there for each other and we can trust one another.

We are sitting in the car bored after a bit. I should have brought my headphones...

I just got an idea.