Chapter 3

Max’s POV

What’s going on in our school is 98.65% stupid.
Our class is using 0.69% of their brains when it comes to Lila, Mari, and Nino.

I admit. I believed in Lila’s lies at the start. But when she mentioned too many things like how she saved Jagged Stone’s cat or that she was the one who wrote Star Effect words for the songs, but they stole it, I started to get suspicious of it, and the fact that a napkin can’t take the eye out or whatever she said as I had glasses on.

You think I am what? Stupid.

I talked with Mari and Nino about this before everyone turned against them, and I realized why they are too quick to judge.
I searched Lila’s name and there was only Alya’s blog showing up as a result.

Oh, she will have big trouble out of it, and we know this will 95.22% happen, thanks to Alya and her trashed blog full of crap. Oh well. Not our problem anymore.

We cut off close contact with those idiots and we are now hanging around as a group, which consists of Kim, Alix, Nath, Marc, and me.
Some people join us sometimes as well, like Kagami, Aurore, or even Luka.
But it’s always us together, and I am 100% glad to have them as my friends.

Kim’s POV

I may suck at being smart, but if I compare myself with my class, I am Albert Einstein then.

We are lucky we aren’t being bothered by those jerks but sucks that Nino and Mari are. Or was, it because Mari is in NY fulfilling her dreams without any bother.
We still keep in touch, but I still miss her. Paris isn’t the same without her.

I am in the park with Max and Alix, waiting for others to arrive.
I brought my football with me. I don’t usually use it, but I heard that Rico likes sports games especially football, so I want to see what she got.

I was kicking the ball around while Max is reading “Just Made a Wish” by morganlbr, and Alix is writing down lists of ways to torture our class.
I would do the same, but I wasn’t bothered today.

“Hey, guys!”

We saw Marc, Nath, Nino, and a girl holding Chris’s hand, running towards us.
I noticed closer that it is none other than Rico, only she looks different from the last time I saw her. She even has her hair dyed.
It was a while. Rico and I gave each other fist bumps before I tossed her a football.

“It has been a while. You guys want to play soccer?”

“Yeah, if you want. But before that, Rico, meet Alix and Max right there.” They both waved and walked towards us.

“Nice to meet you guys. So, Brother, that's your friend group who has good enough brain cells?”

“Yes, dudette, and also, we brought Chris with us as he was begging to not be alone, besides, Rico isn’t for long here so we will spend some quality time together.”

We all went to prepare ourselves for a small match. Rico and Nino versus me and Alix.
Max continued reading, Marc and Chris grabbed popcorn to watch this show and Nath will be sketching some scenes of the match.

Nino’s POV

We decided to play a match and we are in a tie 6 – 6. I need to tell my friends about the scholarship and that I am accepting it.
Rico doesn’t know that I am accepting it, so it is a surprise for her as well. I am worried about how Chris will react.