Chapter 20

Time skips to one day before the Gala.

Trevor’s POV

It is confirmed now. We have five ships sailing in the team.

Kate and I, Stuart and Rico, Anna and Chelsea, Mochi and Shanique, and Nino and Selena.

Kate and I are walking around Paris casually, wearing sunglasses and eating ice cream from Andre’s.

It is a nice, sunny day. No drama at all…

“Kate?” We both turned around to see that sausage hair girl once again, only she is on her own.

That is odd now.

“Hello, Lila.” She took off her glasses and placed them on her loose hair.

“It has been a while.” She gave her a fake smile.
Kate ruled her eyes.

“Like four days ago, at the park before your bestie attacked her ex’s sister.”

“Oh yeah, Rico was it, right?”

“That was Rico, yes,” I said.
Kate gave me her look of ‘Let me handle that myself.’
I nodded.

“I am sorry about that. Rico is a crazy one.” Oh, she is dead meat.

“If Rico is the crazy one, Alya the psychopath, or even worse than Harley Quinn and Joker combined.”

“Hey, imagine if Alya is their missing child.” This made Kate laugh a bit from that.
Lila looks pissed.

“Look, I know you hate me and my friends because Nino said things to make us look evil, but the truth is that he is the bad guy, as well as Marinette.” She started her crocodile tears.
“Even if you were bad to me at the start, I will need help with destroying them before he ruins you guys.”

We both laughed at that, which made Lila look pissed.

“And I will never believe that Nino nor Marinette are bad people.” Kate gave Lila her scariest glare, which made Lila pale.
“I remember what you did to me back in Italy, I will never trust your lies. Nino didn’t even have to say what you guys did to him and Marinette, because I just need to look at you and see that you have ruined their lives.”

We walked away from her, but Kate turned around.

“Or just tried but failed once again.” We left soon after that.

I know what she meant by that. Lila never ruined their lives after all. She just showed people’s true colors and made them do the step to care for themselves and leave the toxic place.

I saw Kate looking sad. “Hey, you ok?”

She looked at me before answering. “Yeah, I am fine. It is that I hate that she took everything from me.”

I know what it was about. Kate told me during summertime what Lila did.

Flashback

I decided to go and see Kate, so I got her favorite flowers, dressed up nicely and I even combed my hair nicely before going.