Chapter 9

Kate’s POV

Strange is an understatement for how this hangout started.

First, Nino sang, then Selena left, and now Trevor, Mochi, and Stuart came back looking concerned.

This day cannot be any weirder.

“What happened?” They all look like they don't want to talk about it.

“A lot.” Mochi went to grab a seat and Trevor covered his face with his hands.

Stuart was next to speak. “Also, Nino said that you should talk to Chelsea as she is having a hard time or something.”

Chelsea froze. I don’t think she expected this or the fact they would say it out loud for all of us to hear.

“Chelsea.” She didn’t even look at me. “Want to talk abo…”

“I’m sorry. It was my fault!” She blurted out. I am more confused now.

“I told Nino why I was sad, and I asked him if he could sing so then when he said that…”

“Chelsea.” I stopped her. “What is going on?”

She started to cry. “I want to stop singing and follow my dreams to become a journalist and start my blog, but I was worried that you would hate me for it.”

Now, this day is more surprising.
I am not surprised that she said that. I am just surprised she thought I would be mad about it.

I went up to hug Chelsea. “Chelsea. You could have told me earlier. I know I focus a lot on our team and exposing the liar, but that doesn’t mean I don’t care about you and others more than anything else in the world." She looks like she is calming down from panicking a lot.

"If you want to start your blog, you can. And you will never be hated for it. You are my BFF.” She hugged me back after I said that. I heard ‘Thank you, you’re the best’ from her.

We stayed like that, especially when Anna, Shanique, and Rico joined the hug as well.

I am happy to have them as my friends.

Nino’s POV

I woke up on the floor wearing my uniform and with my headphones and my phone beside me.

I checked the time, it is 11 pm. I slept for six hours!

Jesus!

I got changed into my PJs and threw my uniform into my washing basket to get it washed in the morning.
I got ready for bed until I was interrupted.

Knock Knock!

I opened the door to see Shanique standing there.
I wasn’t expected that.

“Did I wake you up?”

“No. I was about to go to sleep, why?” I saw her looking guilty or something.

“Look, I know that I wasn’t very nice to you at the start. The truth is that I didn’t trust you, I mean you were new at that time. But after you took the blame to save me from embarrassment, I realized that I misjudged you. You aren’t a bad guy at all. You seem ok. And I'm sorry for treating you like crap.”