Bonus

At a random time in this book
Third view

The Star Effect group decided to chillax at their lunch time at the library to do their stuff.

Chelsea is dealing with her blog while Anna is watching her laptop.
Shanique is fiddling with her fake butterfly knife.
Selena and Rico are chatting about the Lost DJ.
And Kate is on her phone.

"Kate. You are way longer on this device than Chelsea is in hers. What are you doing? FBI work?"

Kate looked at Shanique with her 'seriously' look. "I am reading a new book what Star will start sensing tomorrow."

They all stopped what they are doing when they heard that.

"Star is posting a second book!?! YIPEEEE!!!!" Chelsea and Rico are doing their dance.

"Yep. And I am reading a teaser of it."

"SHOW US!!!"

"Ugg. Fine. Here."

Monday

Mari’s POV

RING! RING! CRASH!

“Not today, Satan!” I threw my head back to the bed once I threw my pillow at my phone to shut up. Tikki is also annoyed about the alarm and throws her little head to the pillow of mine.

I had fight last night an akuma that took some time to defeat. Chat Noir arrived late to fight, but at least he arrived to watch how I am doing his part of the job as well as mine. Wonderful.

I sometimes feel like he doesn’t want to be Chat Noir to fight but Chat Noir to have the same attention as me by doing nothing. This is not what he was supposed to do as a hero.

I need to properly have a word with him.

“Marinette! Wake up and get downstairs! I made breakfast for you!” I heard my mum shouting from downstairs.

I have used all of my energy I have left from last night to get dressed quickly into my usual clothes with my purse to Tikki go inside it, and to head downstairs to sit down and eat my breakfast.

I have plenty of stuff to do today. Make the t-shirts for Kitty Section, hand in my essay to Miss Bustier, create the banner for Mylene’s protest about sending plastic to space, and help out my parents in the bakery after school.

I am surprised that I remembered everything I needed to do. I need an award for that.
Maybe an award for me could be no homework today to be able to finish everything on the list by today.

That would be a dream come true.

“Have you got enough sleep, Mari?”

My mum must have seen my black circles under my eyes. I am getting them often since I don’t sleep often enough.

“Enough to survive school and also a bit to help you guys at the bakery today.” I gave my mum a kiss on the cheek, meaning that I am going now to school.

“Thank you sweetheart that you want to help us, but how about you skip that for today to get some sleep after school? You look like you haven’t slept for ages.”

“I have skipped too many times, mum.” I grabbed my schoolbag from the stairs. “Besides, there will be a big line of customers and delivery stuff coming today so I will help you! See ya later mum!”

I didn’t let my mum finish what she was saying. I know that she is looking at me concerned when I left.
I said hi and bye to my dad and left the bakery to run to the school.

It is strange that I am on time to school, but I don’t care about that.

Once I arrived at the school doors, I waved at Alya who just arrived.

“Hey girl, you are early today.” Alya and I hugged each other for good morning. “What happened?”

“Eh, not too much, just some stuff needs to be done.” We walked inside the school while chatting.

“What stuff? Don’t tell me…”

“Yep. T-shirts for Kitty Section, Banners for Mylene, and help my parents at the bakery.” I listed my stuff off, making Alya shocked. “Oh, and let’s don’t forget about homework to hand in.”

“Girl, you look tired from all of this!” She pointed at my dark circles, which are covered in makeup. “So you won’t be able to come over to the hang out Lila organised.” I froze for a milli-second.

“Who is Lila girl anyway?”

“Oh yeah, forgot to say, Lila is our new classmate who arrived just yesterday after school.” She pointed at her talking to… ADRIEN!?! My former crush!?! Oh God.

“She said yesterday that she travelled all over the world, that is why she left Paris for few years. She also claimed that she saved Jagged Stone’s kitten from the tree and because she did that, he made a song dedicated to her.”
I almost snickered at that.

What kind of lies Lila said to them? They are more ridiculous than Kim’s knowledge.
Saving Jagged’s cat? He is allergic to fur! And also what kind of a mid-adult would write a song about a teenager?

“And do you believe these claims?” I know that Alya doesn’t fact-check sometimes things, but she should have a bit of knowledge on…

"That is way better than this first book she wrote!"

"DOES SHE BELIEVE THOSE LIES OR NOT!?!"

"I don't know, guys. It is just a teaser for god sake!"

They all looked down in disappointment.

"But I know that there is few things there. There will be akuma fights.

More craziness.

The best ship in there.

And most importantly...

Keep scrowling.

CHLOE REDEMPTION!!"

"OH MA GAWD! I NEED TO READ THIS BOOK!"

Never fear, Chelsea!
The prologue and first two chapters will be released tomorrow!

I guarantee you that this one will be way better than the first one.

Enjoy your day guys!

"Hey guys! What did I miss?" Trevor had entered the chat.

"Long story. Let me tell you once the Wattpad readers will stop reading this chapter."