My Roomate

Eren's POV

The Glow;

Throughout my 20 years of life, I've seen many fateful encounters and wondered when, and how, it would happen to me. Would a beautiful male bump me in the halls and help me pick up my books, our hands brushing against each other's as we reached for the same one? Or would he save me from a robber, branding himself with the label of hero? The glow effect is a lot more complicated than it should be, it has many rules.

Rule #1: Both persons must be touching the other in any way, shape, or form.

Rule #2: Neither one has to have romantic feelings for the other during the glow

Rule #3: It doesn't work when under the influence of any drugs.

Rule #4: Must have known each other for at least 2 years.

Rule #5: Just because you glow, doesn't mean they are automatically yours

Rule #6: If the person you were meant to be with dies before you glow, it switches people.

Rule #7: You only glow once.

Rule #8: Gender, size, color, race, appearance and intelligence doesn't matter.

The rules, luckily, are self explanatory. The scientists who researched 'The Glow' wrote these rules based on the 1,000 cases they studied. It was a confusing phenomenon, we still don't know how it happens. Some say its the mix of hormones or chemicals, other say it's just natural. Me? I don't know what to think about it.

Present Day:

I walked onto campus of Maria Community College, one of the only community colleges big enough to have dorms nowadays, and went straight to the cafeteria located in the middle. It was extremely crowded, even if the grades went at separate times. Everyone had to wait in the line that was labeled with the first letter of their last name.

A-D

E-H

I-L

M-P

Q-T

U-Z

I stood in the line for I-L and waited to retrieve my new schedule, I was excited. I'm that kid that actually enjoys school, homework, tests, everything. As I waited I looked at the sophomores around me. None of my friends share the same line as me, so I stand here surrounded by the groups of happy friends. I waited in line for about 10 minutes before I got it.

When I got outside I saw the greatest people in my life waiting for me. I smiled. "Armin! Mikasa!" I ran to them and pulled them into a group hug.

"Jeez, you act like you haven't seen us for months. Didn't we just see each other last week?" My blonde friend said happily.

I pulled away and smiled at them. "Let me see your schedules!" Both of them held their schedules up and I placed mine in between theirs, comparing. I shouted happily.

"Guys! We have pre-cal together! Oh, oh and we have art!" We all shouted happily before calming down and starting to head to the dorms.

"Eren, do you know who your roommate is this year? I heard Jean and Marco got one together, good for them." Armin smiled when he finished speaking, his blue eyes sparkling.

"No, I don't know. What about you?"

He shook his head and Mikasa spoke quietly. "I'm in with Annie. Ymir is with Christa and that's all I know."

We approached the road that splits, left to the girls' dorm and right to the mens'. Armin and I said goodbye to Mikasa before walking to the right together. "I'm in the D dorm. D....15. What about you?" I asked turning to Armin.