Fate's Joke

I woke up at 2:50 and rushed out of my room, not caring about my looks. Weight Training II starts in ten minutes, which includes the time you get to change. Luckily the gym is the closest building to the men's dorm. I had weight training with Levi last year, that's where most of the bullying happened. Please, God, spare me, I prayed to the blue sky.

I walked into the men's locker room and gave the coach a nice manly hug. Coach Pixis is the best man I know. I say hello to a few others. Reiner, Bertholdt, Jean, and Connie. I went to the back of the room where my locker is and froze. Levi was at the very end of the last row of lockers in his boxers.

His eyes were closed as he put his white muscle shirt over his wings. There was another tattoo on the nape of his neck in kanji. I stood there in absolute awe of his attraction until he opened his eyes and I quickly snapped out of it and walk to my locker, which is only 5 lockers away from his.

He looked at me as I took my shirt off, I pretended not to notice. I looked down at my abdomen. It was decently ripped. I frowned when I saw the bruise on my ribs and like the idiot I am, I poked it. I winced from the pain and slipped on my own brown muscle shirt.

"I swear to God you're stalking me." Levi mumbled as he slipped on some black basketball shorts. I ignored him, not in the mood to deal with him.

I took off my pants and put on the same style of shorts but white. He walked past me, bumping me with his shoulder as he did. Again, I ignored him. So far, so good, I thought. We all met up in the gym and did a warm-up run around it. The running was exilerating, Levi and I were having an unspoken race.

We ran side by side for the whole ten minutes. When we finally stopped we were both breathing heavily and had beads of sweat on our forehead. We stared daggers at each other but I know we both secretly enjoyed it.

After the running we did a set of push ups, sit ups, and then went into the weight room. I smiled when I walked in, I missed it. Exercising was part of my escape from life, that and music. I looked at the people filling the room, only now noticing Mikasa, Ymir, Sasha, and Annie.

"Welcome to Weight Training two." Pixis shouted. "I will not baby you. You will be worked hard. You will gain muscle, but only if you get the right diet and the right amount of exercise. The gym is open to you guys from 4am- 9pm all week, every week."

He clapped his hands together and assigned everyone a machine to start with. I started at the bench press with Mikasa and then we switched. We went machine to machine to machine. I watched Levi work with Erwin on the bench press and then work on his own on other machines.

His muscles popped out slightly when he worked out, his sweat making his hair stick to his forehead. He looked hot. We made awkward eye contact a few times and everytime we did his eyes showed more and more annoyance.

Twenty minutes before class ended we had to run another 10 minutes. Levi and I, again, raced an unspoken race. We ran faster than everyone else in the class, the pain in my body was almost heavenly. My heart pounding against my chest, the sounds of feet hitting the floor. Everything was, perfect. Again, we tied.

In the locker room I leaned against the wall in front of my locker, relaxing. I closed my eyes and threw my arms out in front of me to stretch but I felt something that was not air. I opened my eyes to see Levi standing infront of me, my fist connected with the side of his face. I quickly retracted my arms.

"I'm so sor-" I started before Levi's eyes gave me a side glare, his head stayed still.

His body and head slowly followed his eyes. Definitely the creepiest thing I've seen in a while. I felt my body start to shake, fear creeping into my being as he crept closer to me. I watched him, too scared to look away. In a swift movement Levi placed his forearm against my throat, blocking off my air supply.

I tried to stay calm as he pushed harder, his cold eyes stared blankly into mine. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs as Levi pushed his fingers against my bruise. I let out a cry of pain which just came out as a croaky breath. He removed his forearm from my neck as he grasped my shirt, I looked to the right and saw we now had an audience. Levi didn't even glance.

"Don't you even dare touch me again." He spat. "If you do, I'll kill you." I growled angrily before pushing his shoulders. It was ineffective. He laughed mockingly, his lips not even forming the slightest smile.

"Does beating me up make you feel taller, shorty?" I enunciated. Levi didn't waste a second before sending his fist to the same spot he punched me earlier. I groaned in pain and slapped him across the face, he snapped his head back to look at me.

"You even hit like a fag." He placed a hand around my neck. "You are nothing, Jaeger."

He squeezed my wind pipe. The people watching did nothing. I'm positive I saw some phones out. I held eye contact with him, his dark eyes filling with anger. Even with him doing these things to me, I find him attractive.

He was the first to notice it, then some of the audience, and then me. His silver eyes had a glow of red in them. I heard gasps and I looked down at his chest, glowing a bright red. He instantly let go of my throat and backed up. His face was illuminated red by the glow of my own chest.