The Hideout

I stared at him and laughed. "You? An open book? No, no, you are one of those diaries little girls have with the locks but they always lose the keys."

"You are just reading into me too much." He replied.

"Right. So where are we going?"

"You'll see. I'm going to ask you questions and you're going to answer me honestly." Levi paused. "If you lie, I'll leave you there and you'll have to find your own way back."

"Are you serious?" I asked and he nodded. I looked out the window, we were in the middle of nowhere. There was trees, trees, and more trees. Levi drove off the road towards the trees and parked next to one. Levi got out and was about to close his door when I spoke.

"You're not going to do anything creepy are you?" Levi bent down to look at me, he gave me a look that screamed 'what the fuck is wrong with you'. He back up and slammed the door, I got out. He walked over to me, swinging a backpack over his shoulders, and placed his hand on the back of my neck. Before I could react he pushed his thumb and forefinger into the pressure points on my neck. "Ow! Ow! Owwww! Levi let, ow, go!" I yelled.

He let go and his face filled with amusement. He walked to one of the thickest trees and walked behind it, out of view. I stood still for a minute and then peaked my head over one side. He was gone. I looked around, nothing. "Oi! You look like an idiot. Come on." I heard a voice from above.

I followed the voice and saw Levi, half way up this 50 foot tree, looking down at me. I studied the trunk of the tree, there were hand carved foot and hand holds. Did he do this? I placed my foot in the first one and then my hand in one above my head.

Don't look down, don't look down. I was about a quarter of the way up, shaking from fear. Levi was no longer in sight. My heart was pounding against my chest and my breathing heavy. I'm not scared. "Levi! You're fucking insane!" I shouted before laughing hysterically.

Levi's head popped out between some branches. "Stay calm, Eren. You're almost there." I took a deep breath and took another step. One more, I took another. One more, I took another, and more and more. Levi grabbed my hand and pulled me onto a wooden surface. I was shaking but he was completely calm.

I observed my surroundings. I was in a wooden structure, small and clean. There were blankets, pillows, bottles of beer, a pack of cigarettes, and water. On one of the walls there was a door just big enough to crawl through and on another was a window.

I looked down through the hole my legs were dangling out of, I was way too high up. I shouted and pushed myself back against the wall. Levi watched me, he seemed to be enjoying my weakness. He shut a door over the hole and grabbed two beers. He opened both of them and handed me one before sitting against the wall with me.

"What is this place?" I asked, the adrenaline slowly fading, and looked at Levi.

"My secret hideout. I started with the holds when I was 12 and finished the whole thing when I was 16." He took a drink and then looked at me. "Are you ready to be questioned?"

I took a sip of my own drink before answering. "Are you really going to leave me here?"

"Do you plan on lying?" He paused for my reply, I shook my head and he continued. "Good. Do you like it when I touch you?"

My heart stopped. What happened to the what's your favorite this or your favorite that? I watched his face, looking for a sign of him joking. He's obviously not joking, he never jokes. Levi finished off his beer. "Really?" I scratched my head and looked away, feeling embarrassed. "Yeah, I do."

I took a long pull from my beer and sighed. I heard Levi move so I turned my head to look at him. He stood up and stuck his hand out in front of me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up with more force than needed. I stumbled into him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Why did you cry when I touched you if you liked it?" His voice muffled by my shoulder.

"I was scared." I backed up and looked at him. "Not necessarily of you."

"Necessarily?" Levi repeated.

"Yeah. Well not too long before that you were beating me up and then you were kissing me and touching me." I blushed.

Levi walked towards me and placed his hand on my cheek. "Can I touch you now?"

My blush deepened. "Do you want me?"

He gently placed his lips against mine and then looked at me. "I want you. Right here, right now."