The Way You Breathe

The tears exploded from my eyes, streaming down my face. My hand was pushed against my mouth, muffling my happy sobs. I stood up and got down on both knees in front of him before throwing my arms around his neck. "Yes, Levi. Oh, god. Yes!"

His arms held me securely against him as my breathing became uncontrollable. I began letting out hiccuping cries. I heard him chuckle softly, squeezing me tighter. People around us were cheering, I even saw a few women crying. Levi back up slowly, but I wouldn't let go.

"I need your hand, love." He said with another chuckle. I took a deep breath before letting go, still hiccuping softly. He gently picked up my left hand and slid the beautiful ring on it. He kissed my fingers and then looked at me. "You are a mess." With careful hands, he wiped my face and then stood up.

He helped me up and asked for the check. "It's on us, congratulations." The manager said. Levi refused but I pushed him out of the restaurant with a big thank you. He glared at me and I gave him a big smile. We walked in silence, our fingers interlocking.

I stopped abruptly before squealing loudly. Anybody on the streets turned there heads, including Levi. I wrapped my arms around his neck again before smashing my lips into his. "I... love... you!" I said in between kisses.

"I love you." He said with the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. I spaced out while looking at it. "What?" He chuckled.

"You don't look that old when you smile." I teased, his smile instantly fading. I laughed much harder than I should've and Levi continued walking, pouting. I jumped onto his back, his hands instantly going to my thighs. "If you were old, you wouldn't be holding me up so well."

"If you were smart, you'd be quiet." He said playfully before setting me down. We walked the rest of the way to the car in silence. When we sat in the car, I was bouncy and couldn't sit still. I felt as if I drank a million energy drinks, excluding the stomach ache you'd get.

"Do you mind if I call Mikasa?" I asked.

"I'm your fiancé, not your boss." He replied as he started the car.

"Fiancé..." I repeated dreamily. "I like the sound of that." Levi nodded in agreement and I called Mikasa.

"Eren? It's been a while, is something wrong?" She sounded happy but tired.

"Hey, Mikasa. No, everything is fine. How's it going with you?" I asked, wanting to save the news for a bit. Levi's right hand was free so I slipped my hand into it, startling him. I chuckled.

"Everything's great. Armin is still in school, as you know, so I'm alone most of the day." She sighed. "He always makes it up to me, though. I definitely love him." She paused. "Can I tell you something?"

"Anything, what's up?" Levi gave me a questioning look.

"I'm pregnant."

"Ffff-Whaaat?!" I screamed. "That's amazing! Why don't you seem excited? Is something wrong?" He gave me another look and I curved my hand over my stomach, trying to make a big belly.

"I don't think Armin wants one yet. I don't know how to tell him. I'm extremely happy." I could hear the happiness in her voice, the worry too.

"Mikasa, this is Armin we are talking about! He's probably going to sob and then read stories about the ocean to your stomach." She giggled, it was a nice sound to hear. "Don't worry about it, he is dedicated and his family will always come before him."

"Yeah.. you're right. Thank you, Eren. So, what did you call for?"

"Well..." I pretended to be sad.