Your Scent

On my days off I sat in front of a computer with a pen, paper, magazines, and coffee, only moving when my bladder screamed at me, for a span of three months. Writing a million ideas down and showing them to Levi when he got home. I felt slightly depressed when I thought of the fact that the female's family usually pays for the wedding.

Since we are pretty tight on our budget we aren't going to have anything extravagant but I don't mind. Sadly, all the planning has stressed me out, making me extra grumpy by the time he gets home. Levi's been patient with me but his smoking has went from one cigarette a week to about three a day. I blame myself for it.

Mikasa has come over quite a few times, she started showing a bit and now has the beautiful pregnant glow. The awesome thing about Mikasa is she is a professional tailor. She decided to make me an outfit for the wedding, she won't tell me if it's a suit or a dress. Why would I wear a dress anyway?

So here I am, sitting on the floor, half naked, waiting for Levi to come home and brainstorm. We've got the date figured out, July 4th, the location, and who we are inviting, the invitations were already sent out. All we need is the food, the clothes. Today is June 25th and I'm definitely stressed.

I heard the door unlock and I suddenly felt happy. Levi walked in carrying two grocery bags, kicking the door shut behind him. I crawled over to him before kneeling and wrapping my arms around his waist, my head on his stomach.

"I missed you!" I smiled as his hands scruffed up my hair.

"Hey, brat." He whispered, obviously tired. I stood up and studied his face. "Anything new?" He asked.

"What do you think about blue and white?" I asked as he walked around me and started sorting through the groceries.

"What kind of blue?" He seemed slightly... off. I couldn't put my finger on what it was but there was something.

"Like a navy blue." I sat back down and stared at my planning area, papers were scattered everywhere. "I mean, the tuxedos will still be black but just the tie or something should be a different color."

Levi sat down on the couch with a bottle in his hand. I don't know why it made me upset, it's Friday and he always has a drink on Friday night. "Navy blue is good, it fits our location. That's a good choice." I smiled.

"Now, all we need is to figure out what food we'll serve and the clothes for our line ups. How was work?" I asked when I realized I forgot to. He took a sip before looking at me.

"We just hired a few newbies and had to train them. One of them decided it be a good idea to steal from us." I don't see him pissed very often, but that's definitely why he's acting weird. I nodded before standing up and sitting next to him.

"Why don't we watch a movie or play a game? I want to do something with you." I said as I laid my head on his lap and stared at his knees.

"Are you sure you won't explode if you don't plan anymore?" He asked teasingly.

"I'll be fine, I need a break." We played random games from go fish to strip poker until 3a.m. After showers we crawled into bed, facing eachother. I wrapped my arm around his waist and put my face against his chest, his arm holding me over my shoulder. I snuggled into him, breathing in deep. "I love your smell."

"What do I smell like?" Levi asked with a sleepy voice.

I chuckled before playfully sniffing him. "Soap... Bleach... the slightest hint of cigarettes... and... I don't know some sweet man smell." I said in between sniffs.

"Sweet man smell? Like fruity body odor?" His tone told me he was serious, I laughed.

"No, not body odor. Let's see..." I paused a moment for thought. "Everyone has this natural scent and yours is sweet. It makes me want to taste it..." I licked his rib and giggled. "You even taste like soap."