The Long Night

The treehouse was covered by darkness, I couldn't even see my own fingers. Levi was laying down on his side in silence. After our makeout session we both put on boxers and played card games for a few hours. He kicked my ass almost every time, every game. I slowly walked around the little room, looking for where Levi was laying.

"Hey, Levi?" I called out.

"Yeah?" I heard his voice come from behind me so I turned around.

"I'm lost." I laughed nervously.

I kicked a beer bottle and yelped, Levi snickered. I heard shuffing before I felt a hand on my back. I jumped and screamed before realizing it was Levi. I groaned in embarrassment as he lead me to where he was laying. I laid down on my side and he laid behind me, wrapping his arm over my stomach. "Thank you." I mumbled.

"It would've been funnier to watch you circle around me forever." He put his forehead against my back.

"Ha. Ha. Asshole." I said playfully.

"By the way, if you need to take a piss, I deeply apologize." Levi said. I groaned and turned around to face him, his face was now in my chest.

"No, no. You move down or something." He commanded. "There is no way in hell I'm going to be the girl here." I let out a short laugh before sliding down until my face was in his chest. I wrapped an arm around his lower back and pulled him towards me. I could feel his upper stomach rise and fall with every breath. Levi ran his fingers through my hair and then left his hand on the back of my head, playing with my hair.

"You're a lot more gentle than I thought you would be."

"Maybe you should change the way you think of me." He replied in a hushed voice.

"I think I have." I kissed whatever part of his torse was in front of me while I brushed his back with my fingers.

"What are you doing?" Levi asked.

"Enjoying your warmth while I have it." I said before exploring his back in the darkness, it was warm and soft.

"Did I hurt you at all?"

"What are you talking about?" I questioned dumbly.

"Earlier."

"Oh! Right." I sighed. "It didn't hurt any more than it had to." Levi didn't answer, his fingers still moving gently through my hair. I closed my eyes and smiled. I laid there in silence for a few minutes, just thinking, surrounded by the comforting sounds of his breathing and his heart beat. I cleared my throat.

"Levi? You're not asleep are you?" I whispered, looking up in his general direction.

"Uh-uh." He hummed.

"Are you tired?"

"No, not really. What is it?"

"I just like hearing your voice." I heard Levi's heart jump and I smiled.

"Shut up." He said, probably flustered.

I pushed him onto his back and swung a leg over his body, straddling him. I sat up and placed a hand on his stomach. Levi slid his hands over my thighs and left them on my waist. "What are you doing?"

"It seemed like a good idea." I smiled. "I wish I could see your face."

"Why? So I could glare at you?" He sounded upset.

I leaned over and kissed him gently. "Your glares are a part of your personality, I guess, and I love your personality. Even though I don't know you as much as I'd like to."

"I already told you I-" Levi started.

"-m An open book." I finished. "I know. I just have to learn how to read." I felt a hand trail up my back and then trace back down, I shivered slightly. The feeling of his fingertips grazing my back was relaxing. I never wanted it to stop.

"Can I ask you some questions?" I asked shyly, subtly arching my back when his fingers crossed the middle of it.

"Go ahead."

"Do you have any hidden talents?" I asked without any thought.

"Hidden talents?" He thought for a second. "Not really any hidden talents. I'm a dancer and a singer."

My jaw dropped. "A dancer? Really?"

"Yes. I've been in dance since I was about two."

"No way. You have to dance for me." I practically shouted.

"Okay, okay. Calm down. One day I will." I squeeled in excitement and then reverted to silence, flustered. Levi sat up and wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck. I smiled and placed my cheek against his.

"What are you doing?" I felt his cheek move and then push against mine, like he was smiling.

"Making you smile." I giggled and then kissed his cheek.

"You are the first person to make me smile since.." he paused. "I don't remember the last time I smiled."

I felt my chest tighten and I squeezed him harder. "I really, really, really like you." Levi held me tighter as he kissed my jaw. I moved my hands to his cheeks and lifted his face before kissing him. We sat there with our lips connected for a few seconds before he broke it.

"Are males supposed to be this cute?" Levi said in between the kisses he was planting on my necks and shoulders.

"Why are you talking about yourself?" I giggled. He let out a sarcastic laugh before laying back down. I stayed sitting on him, I enjoy the feeling of him underneath me. I explored his upper body, just feeling around his ribs and abs. He felt really... good.

"I'm positive I've asked you this question a thousand times but what are you doing?"

I stopped moving my hands. "Touching you?"

"Thanks, Eren. I'm glad you told me because I had no idea." He said in his sarcastic tone.

I giggled. "I enjoy the feeling of your body." Levi grabbed my shoulders and pulled me down, my head on his shoulders, wrapping his arms around my back again. I kissed his neck gently, before relaxing my body over his.

"I enjoy you." He said, almost inaudible. I fell asleep with the feeling of his chest rising and falling against mine. His fingers tracing my spine and ribs as I played with his hair. One night in a treehouse made all the difference in the relationship built by fate.