Chapter 28.

Fatima's pov:

We were in hospital. Hasan rushed towards the general ward and I was following him. Well his walk means my running. Why my man have such long legs. I giggled at my own silliness. I like the way he become professional in hospital as if he is not the one who make me blush by his every word.

He turned back to see me as if checking me I'm there or not. I just smiled at him and he casually winked at me. How can he be so hot and cool at the same time. I'm really going crazy about him. I just can't stop myself from admiring him. I know I'm madly in love with my man. Yes my man and only mine.

He stood near the patient shocked, which is unusual of him. I went near him and my world just collapsed. The patient was my maama. This can't be happening. Tears started brimming in my eyes. She looked pale and weak, I just can't take my eyes off her.

Hasan approached her and started checking her. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and went to her. My heart beat was beating crazily. My mind was just blocked. I touched her hand making sure I wasn't dreaming.

"Fathi, get the OT ready fast she needs surgery right now." Hasan said making me come back in senses.

"Sur-gery." I asked him almost choked.

He took a deep breath and told the nurse to prepare for surgery. I was trying so hard to control my tears.

"Fathi, look at me." Hasan said in a calm voice.

I hesitantly looked at him.

"She is fine it's just a small surgery okay."

I nodded at him and again looked at my maama's unconscious body.

"Bilal, we are taking her to surgery. Please just take care of her and yourself. Everything is fine." Hasan said taking maama.

What? Bilal? Bhai is here. I followed Hasan gaze where he was seeing. Oh my God Bhai was here from that time. I was just seeing him blankly. He came to me and hugged me. I really felt uncomfortable but I was just repeating myself that this is my brother and he will never harm me.

After a minute he pulled himself back as I was not hugging him back. I can feel he was looking at me but I was just looking down. Without saying anything I went to the OT and was sitting in the waiting area.

Hasan didn't let me in as he know how sensitive I am. I sometimes hate myself for being this sensitive. Operation was already started and I was just praying to Allah to give health to my mother.

"Hey, she will be fine." Bhai said sitting beside me.

I just nodded in response. I just don't know what to talk with him or how to start speaking to him. It really makes us so awkward. My full focus was on maama. After a lot of courage I asked him.

"What... happened..to her." I asked in a low voice.

"Her heart is weak." He said.

What does he mean weak. My mother heart was never weak. She is the strongest person I've known how can her heart be weak.

"We-ak?" I asked still looking down. I don't know why I feel so weak around men except Hasan. I know Bilal Bhai will never hurt me but I'm still not used to talk with men. I hate myself for getting scared by my own brother but what can I do. My past is still not leaving me.

I can feel he is looking at me but I've no courage to look at him.

"How are you?" He asked. Did he just changed the topic.

"Alham-dulillah." I'm not in a mood to make him angry by asking the previous question again.

"Want to see my daughter pics?" He asked making me surprise I looked at him, he was already looking at me. I immediately looked the other way.