Chapter 31.

After offering their prayers they went down for breakfast. They ate with their whole family. After their breakfast Hasan took Fatima with him. They were now in the car.

"Hasan where are we going?" She asked excitedly.

"It's a surprise love."

"Aren't we going to hospital today?"

"No."

"Hasan.."

"Jaan it's a surprise. You need to have some patience." He said with a smile.

"You know you are so nice." She said with an innocent look.

"I'm not falling for it fathi. I'm in no mood to spoil my surprise."

"Why are you this smart." She thought loudly. Hasan just chuckled at her.

After about half an hour, talking about random things they arrived. Hasan got down fast and opened the door for her. She giggled at him. He immediately covered her eyes with a cloth. She just shook her head because of his childish behaviours.

"Here hold my hands and take small small steps." He said holding both of her hands.

"Hasan what if I'll fall."

"Do you think I'll let that happen."

He was instructing her carefully holding her hands tightly. After about 5 minutes of walk he made her stand at a place and asked her to remove the cloth from her eyes. She did as he said. She blinked a few times to adjust her vision. Her eyes widened seeing the view infront of her.

They were on the mountain and infront of her there was a huge waterfall and side of her was a table and two chairs which was covered with rose petals and her favourite dishes. She turned around to see him and she stood their surprised.

He was on his one knee with different colours of roses in a single bouquet. It was a huge bouquet. It was just so beautiful. She couldn't express the feelings she was feeling now. She was beyond happy.

Hasan had a sweet smile on his face. He forwarded the bouquet and she took it with her never ending smile.

"Thank you thank you so much." She said with a smile.

He just smiled back but didn't stood up. He took a box from his blazers inner pocket and opened it infront of her. It had a ring with a square shaped diamond and the ring was made up of platinum. She just looked at it in awe.

"May I ?" He asked forwarding his hand near her. Tears were brimming in her eyes but this time it was out of joy. She kept her hand in his and he slided the ring in her ring finger.

He stood up, cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. He wiped her tears and was looking directly in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for my yesterday's behaviour.." Hasan was saying but Fatima cut him in between.

"Hasan please it wasn't a big deal. I'm happy now. You are with me and that's what matters to me." Fatima said looking at him with a small smile.

"No, fathi I need to tell this. My behaviour was not justified. I know how much it hurted you and seeing you hurt made my heart ache. Actually when you told me about your nightmares, I was feeling so helpless I never felt this way. I was of no help to you I really want to take those memories from your head and I want you to have some peace but I can't do anything. I can't find those bastards and I couldn't help you either."

"That's why I was feeling down. I know I've done wrong avoiding you but whenever I see you in pain I can't stop blaming myself for what happened to you. I've no idea what you have experienced. Only listening to it made me sick,I have no idea how you felt those years. Not days or weeks or months not even a year fathi you endured it for 5 years and still you are suffering. It really feel worse everytime when I see you suffer."