two

2-18-23

Buck had just showered after about 5 hours of just sitting here in silence with Eddie, and at 6 hours...

"i'm calling athena," Buck finally said.

"Evan, that's not gonna do anything. You're names on the birth certificate. We both know what she's gonna say," Eddie sighed.

"so her names Julianna Emery... Buckley," Buck said taking a short pause. Eddie nodded, "has a nice ring too it," he smiled.

it was around 2 in the morning. the girl was sleeping in bucks bed. it was like she knew him.

"i'm not ready to be a dad..." Buck told Eddie, more tears entering his eyes.

"you'll be fine Evan," Eddie smiled softly putting his hand on Bucks shoulder, pulling him towards him in a hug. Buck just laid there, against his best friend. Buck looked at it Eddie's hand, put his hands on his face, threw his head back and groaned.

"Why me? why the person who has a job that could literally kill him," Buck sighed as he shut his eyes.

Before he knew it, he was asleep and Eddie smiled softly.

He laid Buck on his side, putting his legs on the couch. he put the throw blanket over him and it stopped at his shoulders.

he pulled out his phone texting his baby sitter.

Eddie: hey carla, you mind watching one more kid for me?

Carla: Who's kid?

Eddie: Bucks, his baby sitter quit.

Carla: Buck has a kid?!

Eddie: it's complicated...

Carla of course had no problem with it. Carla knew Buck from when he had a fling with Abby. Bucks the one who had Carla on the Christopher train.

-

Buck woke up the next morning to knocking at the door and little Julia coloring in a coloring book on the coffee table.

he couldn't help but smile. someone raised her right. "let me sees whos at the door and then i'll cook you breakfast," Buck said, groggily. Julia nodded.

he opened the door to see Carla, Chris, and Eddie.

"uh hey?" he said with a confused look.

"hey Buck," Carla smiled.

"What're y'all doing here," he asked softly as he let them inside.

"i talked to Carla last night and she agreed to watch Julianna for a little while until you get everything sorted out." Eddie smiled. deep down he was extremely nervous. was he overstepping?

"Eddie, you're a lifesaver," Buck hugged him.

"It's the least i could do for you," Eddie replied back, nervously as they pulled away.

"i was just about to cook breakfast for Julianna, yall want anything," Buck yawned.

"Buck, go get dressed i'll handle this," Carla smiled shooing him away. He quickly introduced Carla to Julianna and than left. a few minutes later buck came out in his uniform. "we're gonna be late if we don't leave like..now," Buck said. Eddie nodded.

"Okay, Chris, you know the rules, don't do anything you wouldn't do when i'm around, and be nice to her," he said, squatting down and giving chris a hug.

"Okay, dad, i love you," Chris smiled hugging his dad back.

"Bye, daddy!," Julianna hugged bucks leg. He choked on his coffee, looking at Eddie who smile, than back at her. "Bye, princess," he smiled.

-

"Buck you look like you haven't slept," bobby laughed. Buck only groaned leaning his head on Eddie's shoulder.

"i haven't," he sighed.

Everyone just went and had there own conversations.

"I still don't know what i'm doing Eddie. this kid acts like she knows me and i've never seen her in my life," Buck whispered so no one heard.

"Maybe, Taylor told her about you. You're gonna be a great dad, Evan," Eddie smiled softly at him. his god perfect smile.

"Why wait five years?" Buck asked, looking at Eddie. Eddie shrugged.

"I don't know, but it's gonna be okay. I'll help you with everything you need. You're already great with Christopher," Eddie smiled, reassuring him.

"But Chris isn't my kid." Buck said, and it was like a knife to Eddie's heart.

"Yes he is. You've helped me raise him for the last four years. Sleepovers, days and nights out, buying him things, feeding him, he's yours." Eddie flared at Buck, who only nodded, putting his head down.

Eddie sighed, putting a hand on his back, "it's okay, Evan. It's a lot to process," Eddie whispered in Bucks ear.

"I'm so confused," Hen said, looking at the two. Eddie only shook his head, finishing his breakfast.