twenty eight

5-12-23

That night, Buck and Eddie went to bed normal. They held each other happily, no flinches fused in. Buck went ahead and gave Eddie his ring, though they did plan on having a nice day where everything was done properly. Buck wasn't letting a 20,000 dollar ring go to waste.

Eddie was sleeping peacefully on Bucks chest with his ring hand resting on it, almost as if he was showing it off. Buck was shirtless with his hand above his head. Both were naked.

This is the happiest they've slept in the longest time. Just them two. Their kids safe down the hall, happy. But it didn't last.

Bucks eyes shot open when he heard faint cries, cries he could only know as his daughters. As if right on queue, he heard a scream. "Daddy!" Julia cried making Buck shoot up, knocking Eddie off his chest. Eddie woke up in the process.

"Babe? is everything okay?" Eddie panicked seeing Buck rush to find clothes. Buck didn't answer, worrying Eddie. He just ran off. Eddies immediate response was to follow him.

"Julia? Baby girl? What's wrong," Buck sat on the bed beside her, putting a hand on her head. He moved the hair out of her face, feeling how sweaty and hot she was. Julia couldn't form any words, she was in way to much pain. Pain she didn't know how to handle.

"Mi mundo, can you get me the thermometer?" Buck asked in a panic as Eddie walked in. With no questions asked, he ran to get it.

Julia was crying hard, "Daddy, it hurts," Julia cried, holding her stomach.

Eddie then came back into the bedroom, handing the thermometer to Buck. "Open," He said, holding it to Julia's mouth. She complied and he stuck it under her tongue.

"I'm gonna feel around your belly, okay?" Buck said softly, moving her arms. She nodded. Buck put his hands in the center, pushing down. It hurt her, but that's not where it hurt. He lowered his hands, moving them to her lower right and she screamed. When the thermometer stopped, he saw it was at 105.7.

"Go call Bobby and get dressed. We need to get her to the hospital." Buck immediately said, picking her up.

And again without question, he pulled out his phone and called Bobby.

"Bobby? Can you come watch Christopher?" Eddie said into the phone walking out. "I know it's late, but Carla's out of town and we need to get Julia to the hospital," He said into the phone, pulling a hoodie over his head.

"Thank you so much, see you in 10," Eddie sighed, walking into Christopher's room.

"Chris, wake up," Eddie shook him slightly. Christopher groaned.

"Dad it's the weekend," He said turn the opposite direction. Eddie let out a slight chuckle.

"I know buddy, but Bobby is gonna come watch you. We have to take Julia somewhere," Eddie told him softly, hearing Julia cry softly.

"Why?" Chris asked.

"You know how she hasn't felt good the last few days? Well it got worse. So we're gonna take her to get looked at," Eddie said, the suddenly heard gagging sounds.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Chris raised an eyebrow. Eddie smiled softly.

"I hope so, buddy. Just make sure you're praying for her." Eddie told him, putting a hand on his cheek. Chris nodded.

"Go back to sleep. Bobby will be here when you wake up," Eddie kissed his head, getting up.

He walked to the bathroom, seeing a crying Julia next to the toilet and Buck holding her hair. "Get it out baby girl, it's gonna be okay," Buck murmured.

You've reached the end of published parts.

ā° Last updated: Apr 15 ā°

Add this story to your Library to get notified about new parts!