twenty one

5-6-23

4 am

After going home a few hours ago and dealing with the police process, Eddie was absolutely exhausted but no matter how hard he tried at home or the hospital, or the police station for that matter, he couldn't sleep.

Eddie laid on Bucks chest, staring off into nothing. Buck was fast asleep, arm tight around Eddie as if when he let go, someone would snatch Eddie away from him.

Eddie's thumb was resting on his lips, his eyes were red because he hadn't slept, they were swollen from crying so much, he hadn't eaten damn near anything in the last week and a half, his head hurt and he was pale.

Eddie just wanted to feel Bucks skin on his, there was something about it that calmed him down, helped him sleep, but Eddie would never wake Buck up to ask him to take his shirt off, so he did the next best thing.

he laid on Bucks chest, right above his heart, trying to listen to it beat but he couldn't hear through the shirt. Eddie whined, eventually just sliding his hand in Bucks shirt, resting his hand on Bucks abdomen.

this was embarrassing to Eddie, he felt like a giant baby, needing to do skin to skin with his boyfriend, ear to heart. he wasn't a baby, but everyone has their comfort things. some carry a shirt, or bracelet or some type of object around, others write, but Eddie has multiple.

he has different things to do in different settings and for different reasons.

the main one is Evan pressing there foreheads together, making Eddie focus on Bucks breath, that was for when they were in public and freaking out or now for his assault.

the second was just a simple hug, but it was the way he was hugged by Buck. he fit so perfectly in Evan's arms. he loved a nice, long hug from Buck after a stressful shift or day in general.

But Eddie absolutely adored skin to skin contact. the warmth of it, you could feel the love radiating off of whoever you were touching. Eddie always finds ways to touch Buck when he's shirtless or at the firehouse, it doesn't matter where or when. sometimes it doesn't even have to be skin to skin, he just has to be touching Buck.

Buck didn't mind it though, he enjoyed it as well. His favorite part was when Eddie would drop the subtle hint that he wanted Buck to take his shirt off when they were cuddling. he loved feeling the warmth of Eddie's skin as well. He loved when Eddie couldn't go five minutes without touching him, whether it was sexual or just loving, recently just loving. Eddie barely likes being touched at all.

The heart beat thing wasn't necessarily a comfort thing though. Like yes, it did comfort Eddie a lot, but that was mostly an after sex or cuddling thing. he rarely did it when he was upset or mad.

Eddie sat up slowly in bed, just to look at Buck. he put his hand on Bucks face, sliding it down to his neck softly resting it there. his eyes watered and he kissed Bucks forehead softly.

"i love you, i'm sorry." He whispered, a tear dropped on Bucks cheek, making him clench his face, relaxing it immediately. Eddie laid down on Bucks chest, sliding his hand up Bucks shirt again.

Evan woke up to this, but didn't open his eyes.

"skin to skin?" He asked tiredly, his voice raspy and opened his eyes. an embarrassed blush came to Eddie's face as he nodded.

"nothing to be embarrassed about, my love," Buck murmured. Eddie smiled and nodded.

Buck sat up and pulled his t shirt off. he went to take Eddie's off but Eddie stopped him and got on Bucks lap, straddling him, taking his own shirt off, trying not to whine at the feeling of the fabric rubbing across his skin.