ten

3-12-23

"get off me," buck cried but was cut off by hands wrapping around his throat, squeezing so tight that Buck couldn't get any oxygen into his lungs.

"just imagine what i'm gonna do to your precious kids when i'm done with you," John whispered in Bucks ear before slapping him.

he got off Buck, making him gasp for air.

"i told you, not to fuck another dude, you little bitch," John stomped on Bucks leg, the one that had previously been crushed by a ladder truck. John then pulled Buck up by his throat, choking him out.

Buck shot up in pain with a gasp for air, knocking Eddie off his chest and grabbing his leg. "Eddie, Eddie, it hurts," Buck cried. Eddie shot awake, turning the light on.

he tapped his phone screen to see what time it was, 3:02 am. Eddie only sighed.

"Evan, baby, what hurts," Eddie asked softly, getting on his knees.

"my leg, throat" Buck only whimpered. his breaths were labored.

"baby, it's not real. that was months ago, you're just having a phantom pain," Eddie told him softly, pulling him to his chest.

Eddie had to go back to work today, but he didn't know if Buck would be okay, alone with the kids.

Buck continued to gasp for air, feeling Johns hands around his throat. "baby, look at me," Eddie said softly. Buck never moved.

"Evan, look at me," Eddie spoke softly, but firm, putting his hand on Bucks face.

"focus on my breathing okay," Eddie whispered softly.

"in, out, in, out," Eddie's breaths were slow, which helped Buck. his breaths were eventually back to normal and the pain in his leg subsided.

"you're okay, hes not gonna hurt you again,"Eddie whispered, pulling Buck to his chest.

"it— it felt so real, Eddie," Buck whimpered out.

"i know, mi amor," Eddie whispered softly, "lets try and gets some more sleep, okay," Eddie suggested, rubbing circles on Evans back.

Evan only nodded, shutting his eyes. Eddie turned the light off, falling asleep shortly after.

Evan kept tossing and turning, only continuously waking Eddie up. so about an hour later, Eddie replaced his body with a pillow, giving Evan a kiss on the forehead before going to the couch.

this didn't go unnoticed by Evan though, he only assumed Eddie went to the bathroom.

But after 30 minutes, when Eddie still wasn't back, Buck slowly got out of bed to go check on him.

Only to see Eddie asleep on the couch.

This hurt Evans heart. he was exhausting to the people around him.

Tears only filled his eyes as he went back to Eddie's room, falling asleep after an hour of crying.

**

Buck woke up to Eddie shuffling around the room while on the phone. he never opened his eyes.

"ya, Carla, i'm doing good. just exhausted, Buck kept tossing and turning last night. so that on top of all the nightmares i haven't gotten any sleep," Eddie said quietly into the phone, as if he didn't want anyone to hear.

Bucks closed eyes just filled with tears.

"would you mind coming over and helping him with the kids while i'm at work, he's been snapping a lot recently and i don't want him yelling at them, that and i'm sure he's tired, i heard him crying after i left the room last night," Eddie said pulling his jeans on, hearing Evan start to stir.

"thank you so much, you're the best," he said before quickly hanging up the phone as Evan sat up.

"good morning, mi querido," Eddie smiled softly.

"morning,"

Eddie gave him a weird look but shrugged it off.

"i'm gonna go home for a couple days," Buck told him.

"to pack?" Eddie asked. Evan thought for a moment, then nodded, "i guess i'll do some of that while i'm there," he said.

Eddie raised his eyebrows, "are you taking the kids,"

Evan shook his head no, "Carla will be here to watch them today, i'll take Julia tomorrow,"

"okay, Evan, what the hells going on," Eddie asked.

"you slept on the couch last night because i keep waking you up at night. i don't want you to deal with that, so i'm gonna stay at my house so you can get some rest," Buck explained.

he wasn't mad, i mean, how could he be? he'd sleep on the couch too.

"actually no. Julia will stay here. you don't trust me around them clearly, or you wouldn't be asking Carla to help me watch the kids, our fucking kids," Evan said.

"Evan you've just been snapping a lot recently because you haven't been sleeping. i want you to be able to rest," Eddie replied softly as he changed his shirt.

"and i will, alone. i can get some packing done and sleep without waking anyone up," Buck told him.

"Buck," Eddie started but was quickly shut down.

"Eddie, just—just don't. you said it yourself, i'm exhausting you, so i'll come back at nights to put the kids to bed, then i leave again. simple," Buck said before walking into the bathroom, locking the door.

tears filled his eyes as he slid down the bathroom door.

around 15 minutes later, Eddie knocked on the door, "Buck, Carla's here, i have to go to work, come say bye," Eddie said softly through the door.

he got no response, just sniffling.

"Jesus fucking christ Evan, open the door," Eddie said slamming his hand on it. that didn't do anything but scare Buck.

Eddie regretted it immediately.

"Baby i'm sorry, just open the door," Eddie said softly, once more.

this time, Buck actually opened the door. his skin pale, his body thin. he hasn't really eaten anything since the attack.

Eddie only sighed, "i love you, Evan. don't ever think otherwise," Eddie said putting his hands on Bucks face.

Buck just flinched at the touch, moving away, making Eddie's heart shatter.

"Evan," Eddie just grabbed his hands.

"i'm sorry for keeping you up, it's just been a rough couple of days since i saw the pictures," Buck whispered.

"baby, i know. i'm sorry as well. i should've been more understanding. you're growing the so much currently. you're not exhausting—at all," Eddie took a pause before continuing.

"i'm just tired. work has been stressful and Chris likes to do this new thing where he doesn't go to sleep for me, and i've stayed up later to finish setting up the spare room for Julia. i just—i shouldn't have taken it out on," Eddie finished.

Buck only kissed his lips softly, Eddie's hands found Bucks face again.

Evan only grabbed Eddie's hands, pulling away from the kiss, "i love you too," Buck smiled softly, pressing their foreheads together.

"now go, before you're late," Buck pushed him.

"only if you you promise you'll be here when i get home," Eddie smiled.

"i cant, i actually do have to pack. so why don't we stay at mine tonight," Evan told him. Eddie nodded in response, "so your place after my shift," Eddie asked.

Evan nodded.