twenty seven

5-11-23

For the next few days, the couple didn't really talk about that night or about anything in general. They forced conversations around the kids but that was it.

Eddie didn't sleep through the night and would wake up crying because of the nightmares and Buck would comfort him in anyway that he could, but Eddie still didn't want to be touched really but it was getting better.

Buck wondered if it was like this for him after being reminded of the assault. Eddie had woken up screaming every night since Josh mentioned it. He wake up saying things like; "Please, don't do it again!" "Stop," "Please don't do this," "Get off! Please!"

Right now, they were sitting on the couch watching a movie. Both shirtless, Eddie's head on Bucks chest and Bucks arm on his arm.

"Eddie," Buck whispered softly as he rubbed Eddie's arm.

"Yeah," Eddie's voice cracked.

"Please talk to me, Eddie." Buck asked. You could hear the begging in his voice and it made Eddie's eyes water, but he couldn't. Not yet. But that wasn't good enough for Buck.

"There's nothing to talk about." He said instead. Buck sighed and tapped Eddie's arm to sit up so he did, whining at the loss of heat.

"I'm gonna make something for us to eat," Buck said, throwing his shirt back on.

"Don't worry about it. Just make something for yourself," Eddie said getting up.

"Eddie.." Buck started as he watched Eddie slip a hoodie on. He didn't know if it was possible, but Eddie looked so much more thin than he did a few days ago.

"No. Don't." Eddie said.

"Please just stop for a minute," Buck asked softly. Eddie stopped and Buck walked over to him. He saw the tears dripping out of Eddie's eyes and went to go wipe them, making Eddie flinch hard.

"Hey," Buck whispered softly, putting the other hand on the other side of his face.

"I'm sorry," Eddie whispered.

"For what? Im the one who should be sorry," Buck said, searching Eddie's eyes for answers.

"You haven't been able to touch me in days and i accused you of being like John and Taylor and i won't tell you what's wrong," Eddie listed things off as more tears formed. He looked down at Bucks chest.

"Baby, look at me," The taller man said, moving his thumb and pointer finger to Eddie's jaw, lifting it to meet his eyes. He placed a gentle kiss on Eddie's lips.

"You're so gorgeous," Buck couldn't help but whisper. Even when Eddie was at his lowest point, Buck never saw it as that. He was still the most handsome, gorgeous man he had ever met. Even before they dated.

Eddie blushed softly, biting his lip.

"As long as im able to hold you at night, i have no problem going a few days without touching you when your having your moments. You didn't accuse me, you asked if i would ever hurt you like that, and the answer is and will always be, no. The thought of laying one aggressive finger on you feels like a knife through my stomach. The idea of hurting you, ever, hurts me. I would never and I absolutely could never. And i know you'll tell me what's wrong whenever you're ready. There is absolutely no rush. I know what happened to you, mi mundo, i'd never rush you to talk about that." Buck spoke like he was talking to a fragile object. He was so gentle with his tone. The way he spoke and treated Eddie was gentle.

He treated Eddie like royalty.

Eddie stared at him in awe, wondering what to say to the love speech Buck just gave, but he couldn't form words. He wanted to cry more, he wanted to spill everything and just get it out of his system.