fourteen

3-16-23

"Evan, i'm heading to work now," Eddie smiled as he walked in the living room to see Buck sitting on the floor with Chris and Julianna. She was sitting in his lap while coloring.

"okay, babe, i love you," Buck smiled, looking up at him.

"i wish you could come with me," Eddie groaned. Buck just laughed.

"tomorrow, i need an extra day," Buck laughed. Eddie chuckled and leant down to kiss his kids heads. he gave Buck a soft kiss on his lips.

he caressed Bucks cheek, "mi hermoso chico,"

Buck leaned into the touch, "go, before you're late. i'm gonna take them out, maybe get them some froyo," Buck smiled. Eddie nodded before walking towards and out the door.

Eddie arrived at work 15 minutes later. he was as greeted by Chin in the locker room.

"Eddie, how's Buck," Chim teased, patting Eddie's back.

Eddie winced.

"he's, just fine," Eddie chuckled, taking his shirt off so he could put his firehouse shirt on.

Chim gasped seeing the red scratches, "y'all didn't,"

Eddie laughed, finishing getting ready. as soon as he was done, the bell rang.

most the calls so far were silly, but someone and by someone i mean Chim, decided to use the w word so it's been nonstop calls.

Evanitos🪼
taking the kids out now, just made it to yogurtland and then we're gonna head to the park! hope it's not to crazy there. i love you, be safe.

Diaz🌻
it's actually psychotic over here because CHIMNEY decided to say the q word. but i love you, you be safe as well. i want my kids in one piece when i come home tonight.

Evanitos🪼
and what about your boyfriend?

Diaz🌻
that's just a bonus😉

Eddie sent that last text around 11:30, but the bell rang so he didn't have time to continue the conversation.

once they arrived on scene, they saw a girl standing on top of the YogurtLand building with a gun to her head.

Eddie looked over to see Buck and the kids and his heart stopped. Buck squatted down and whispered something to them before the rushed over to the fire truck.

"papa!" Julia smiled.

"hi baby, will you and Chris go wait with your Aunt Hen by the ambulance?" Eddie smiled at the two children who nodded.

Chris walked as fast as he could with his little crutches.

"okay, ma'am, can you tell me your name," Eddie heard Bobby shout to the lady.

"Evangeline," she cried out.

"Okay, Evangeline, why don't you come down here so we can talk," Bobby asked kindly.

"no! no more talking! i tried and the police ignored me, he ignored my cries to stop. everyone ignores me!" She screamed and Bucks head shot up.

he walked over to Bobby.

"We won't ignore you," Bobby shouted up so she could hear him.

"y'all will! y'all will because you don't understand. y'all don't understand what i've been through. y'all don't understand what i go through," she scream cried, pressing the gun harder to her head.

"you feel like your skins not yours. you feel like no matter how hard you scrub it, you're still dirty. you can constantly feel their hands on you," Buck shouted at the women.

"Buck what're you doing," Bobby asked cautiously, but Buck ignored him.

"how do you," she started but was cut off by Buck.

"i know, because i've been there, recently. i look in the mirror i see the scars he's caused me. i feel disgusting. i don't let anyone touch me besides a couple people," he started.

Bobby took this as the opportunity to start sneaking up behind her.

"i've been there and it hurts. how long ago did it happen," he asked.

"a week ago," she mumbled, "w-what about you," she asked him.

"a little under a month ago and i'm grateful that one of the people who did this to me has been caught and i will do everything in power for you to be brought to justice," he told her, cautiously.

"but killing yourself, it won't solve anything. it lets him know that he won. how do you know it gets better if you're not here to feel and see it? i know it hurts and you wanna feel something other then that pain he caused you. you wanna return to a normal life, so you take that pain and you wanna turn it to something physical. you want it all to end. trust me i know, but together, we fight this. me and my team will make sure of that," Buck motioned toward the firefighters and smiled.

"your team?" she asked.

Buck nodded, "i'm a firefighter and this team, is more of a family to me then my own blood. do you have a family?" he asked softly.

she nodded, "i have a daughter, she two and my husband,"

"i bet your husbands worried about you. you don't want your daughter to grow up without her mother, do you?" he asked her.

she shook her head no, still holding the gun to it.

"then put the gun down," Buck smiled at her, softly.

she hesitated.

"put it down on the ledge," he ordered her.

she put it down, and Bobby wrapped his arms around her just in case.

Buck let out a sigh of relief, before feeling his knees start to give out and he burst into tears.

Eddie caught him.

"oh my love, you're so strong," He murmured as Buck buried him self into Eddie's side and cried.

"un verdadero héroe," he whispered, kissing Bucks head and holding him tight a true hero.