four

2-26-23

A whole week had passed since the kiss that was shared with Eddie and Buck. They never talked about it, just acting like it never happened was easier for them. Currently, they were eating lunch at the firehouse. The two sharing glances at each other now and then, smiling.

"Buck, i can't believe you're a dad now," Hen exclaimed as he explained the whole situation.

"Yah, Hen, me neither," he chuckled softly, "I still just don't understand how Taylor could hide this from me."

Hen put a loving hand on his shoulder and gave him an apologetic smile.

"Eddie's been amazing, helping me thru it all. Her and Christopher get along great," Buck smiled.

"who's Christopher?" Probie, Ravi, asked.

"My son," Eddie said raising an eyebrow.

"seriously, Probie, why is it so hard for you to follow along," Chimney chuckled.

"Chimney, he has a name," Bobby said with an annoyed expression. They all laughed as the bell rang.

"any plans for after work," Hen asked her team as they got up and headed to the rig.

"Just going to Taylor's, she wants to talk about everything," Buck said as his body tensed up.

Bobby and Eddie both seemed to noticed. They looked at each other, than back in Bucks direction. They both let out a sigh and followed.

-

As the day went by, the team had a dozen of silly calls. Just a few people doing dumb things, a couple of road rage accidents, getting cats out of trees. Literally.

They all made their way to the lockers rooms and showers, changing out of their uniforms seen as their shift was over.

Buck couldn't help but stare as Eddie's, still slightly wet, body glistened in the light.

Eddie slowly slid his shirt on, his hair still partially wet from the shower he previously took. he let out a low chuckle, "You're staring, Evan," he smiled.

Buck quickly looked away, "We never addressed what happened last week," Buck mumbled, barely audible but Eddie heard him just fine.

"you mean the kiss," Eddie asked softly.

Buck nodded.

"Well, do you regret it?" Eddie replied to the dirty blonde, nervousness in his voice. Buck quickly shook his head, "No! Not at all!" He quickly exclaimed.

Eddie sighed, sitting next to Buck on the bench, "Well what about Taylor," He asked, putting his hand on Bucks hand. Buck flinched at the touch, but didn't pull his hand away.

"Eddie we broke up, i broke up with her after we kissed," Buck whispered, biting his lip.

"And what did she do?" Eddie asked softly, looking at him. Buck didn't meet his eyes as he whispered out a nothing. Eddie sighed, not pushing it.

"I just think it was an in the moment kiss, it doesn't have to mean anything," Eddie said kindly. Bucks chest tightened at the words.

"Yeah, no you're right. I just wanted to clear the air. Didn't want it to make the friendship awkward," Buck said immediately, getting out of his seat before Eddie could see the tears that developed.