twenty three

5-7-23

It was currently 8 am in the Buckley-Diaz house hold. Eddie was curled up, shirtless, against Bucks shirtless torso, asleep.

But Buck couldn't sleep, too worried about Eddie. his hand was all shades of black blue and purple, scabbing on his knuckles. it wasn't broken, which was the weird part it was just badly bruised.

Buck softly rubbed Eddie's back, moving his hand up and down. Eddie shifted, wrapping a leg around Bucks, sliding his arm across his abdomen.

Buck slid his thumb over Eddie's knuckles, making Eddie wince and pull his hand away. Buck grabbed it back, locking his fingers with Eddie's, causing him to smile. his eyes slowly opened.

"Well good morning, sweetheart," Buck smiled, rubbing Eddie's lower back with his other hand.

"hi, mi amor," Eddie smiled, rubbings Bucks chest. Eddie climbed on Bucks lap, sitting on it.

"shower? what are the plans for the day," Buck asked, putting his hands on Eddie's. Eddie paused for a moment, closing his eyes. he grabbed Bucks hands and guided them on his waist, opened his eyes and smiled.

Bucks eyes lit up and he pulled Eddie down for a hug. Buck flipped them so he was on top and Eddie only laughed, putting his hands around Bucks neck.

"you're so pretty," Buck smiled down at him. Eddie's heart clenched, rubbing the back of Bucks neck.

"i-i love you, Evan," he whispered, pulling Buck down for a kiss. the way Eddie said Evan's name, it wasn't like his parents, it was sweet and loving. he didn't use it as an insult. that's why Eddie was allowed to call him that, no one else has even tried.

Buck pulled away, "shower, make breakfast, we wake the kids, then maybe go to the park?" he offered his boyfriend. Eddie nodded, pulling Buck on top of him, just wanting to hold him for. moment.

eventually they got up, relieved themselves, brushed their teeth, grabbed their clothes for the day and hopping in the shower.

this was the first one since the assault that Eddie willingly wanted to take one with Buck, so that's what they did. they took a normal shower together.

Buck soaped Eddie's hair, scrubbing it thoroughly, massaging the sandalwood soap in his hair. Eddie slipped under the water, rinsing it out. once they finished washing each other, they just stood in each others arms, occasionally kissing.

they got out and Buck wrapped a towel around his waist, handing one to Eddie. Eddie dried himself, putting his light gray boxers on and then hopped on the bathroom counter.

Buck smiled as he put his on as well, standing between Eddie's legs.

"put lotion on my back?" Evan asked softly, handing Eddie the bottle. Eddie nodded, turning Bucks body. he pumped some in his hand, messaging it into Bucks back, slowly.

"your hands are fucking magic, Eddie," Buck teased, making Eddie laugh. they finished getting dressed and Eddie took his spot back on the bathroom counter. Buck put his hands on either side of Eddie and Eddie leaned into his chest.

"thank you so much, Evan," Eddie murmured, taking in a breath of Bucks freshly washed body, smelling his body wash, lotion, and Dior cologne, head right above his heart, hearing it beat.

"for what, baby," Buck said softly, furrowing his eyebrows. Eddie looked up at him, putting his hands on Bucks face.

"i've never been so in love with anyone like i'm in love with you. i've never been loved like you love me. you saved me, Evan, in every way i could be saved. you make me feel whole again," Eddie smiled, his vision becoming blurry.