three

2-19-23

"So any lucky lady, Ed's," Buck teased, standing next to Eddie in the kitchen, handing him a beer. Christopher and Julianna were taking a nap in Bucks bed.

they'd been friends for 4 years, taking 2 months out of that due to the lawsuit era.

for instance, Buck knew nothing about why Shannon left, and Eddie knew nothing about the scar on Bucks eye.

it had been a long day even if it was only 4pm. Bobby gave Eddie the rest of the day off cause Carla wasn't feeling well so she couldn't watch Chris and Julianna and Buck.. he's just Buck. he managed to Convince Bobby that he had to go home because he wasn't feeling well.

Eddie only chuckled at the name as he looked at him.

"what do you wanna know, Evan," Eddie said in a not so teasing way. he's called Buck, Buck a handful of times in the years they've known each other. But Buck didn't wanna overstep, he did want to know why Christopher's mom wasn't in the picture though.

"if you don't mind me asking, where's Shannon? Why'd she leave," he said curiously, "you obviously don't have to answer if it makes you uncomfortable," Buck said seeing Eddie's body get tense.

"not it's fine, it's just not something a lot of people ask me about," Eddie said with a sigh following.

"obviously you know, i had two Afghanistan tours. I re-enlisted, it was my way of running. I missed pretty much her whole pregnancy but i was able to come home when she was in labor. i stayed for a week then had to go back after reenlisting. When i came back for good, we got into a huge fight,"

"you're not the only one who feels alone, shannon!" Eddie shouted at his wife as his baby cried.

she only walked out.

he wouldn't calm down. Eddie didn't know what was wrong with him. He didn't know how to be a dad.

he tried getting him to sleep, to eat, play but nothing worked. "come on buddy, it's daddy," Eddie whispered as tears filled his eyes.

"When Chris was 3 years old she left because Chris was diagnosed with CP. She said it was her turn to run. She came back for a little, as you know, but she left again. She didn't want to 'interrupt' his life here," Eddie answered Bucks question.

"oh, Eddie i'm sorry," Buck whispered with an apologetic expression.

Eddie only shook his head, "Don't he. Me and him manage," Eddie sighed, taking a sip of his beer. "it's hard sometimes but he's a good kid," Edmundo smiled, "besides, her leaving, it's-it's given me time to figure out who i am, what i am," Eddie continued.

Buck put a friendly hand on his shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. "you're gonna do great at this parenting thing, y'know," Eddie told him softly, getting on the counter. Buck removed his hand and dragged it down his face.

Buck shook his head and groaned, throwing his head back. Eddie only chuckled and Buck looked at him. Nothing but adoration on his face as he sat his beer on the counter.

Eddie stayed smiling at the younger boy.

Eddie put his thumb above Evans eyes, "what's this scar from," he asked curiously. An embarrassed blush came to Evans face, "it's a birthmark and i hate it," he shuttered at Eddie's touched.

Buck didn't understand why he was feeling these feelings for Eddie. He's been straight his entire life, never feeling an ounce of attraction for men. He had a girl friend. he knows he shouldn't feel the way he does towards Eddie but in his head it's nothing. It's only because Edmundo's been with him through this mess.

Eddie's thumb moved back and forth across it, "i think it's cute," Eddie only smiled moving his hand to Bucks neck, resting it there softly.

Buck gave him a questionable look but nonetheless, never stopped him from touching him like that. Buck didn't know what it was, but something compelled him to move closer.

Eddie leaned in, closing a little bit more of the space between them. His face only a couple inches away from Buck. Eddie started slowly rubbing Bucks neck, putting the other one there.

"because you're you, an amazing guy from what i've seems. you're sweet, caring, handsome," Eddie replied answering the question from just a moment ago. Bucks hands moved to Eddies waist, pulling him off the counter.

Eddie gasped and let out a flustered smile. Buck felt something drip down his face. am i crying? he thought to himself but before he could touch his face, Eddie beat him too it.

He wiped the tear away with his thumb, resting his hand on Evan's cheek. Buck got closer to his face.

this time, only centimeters apart.

"Eddie, can i kiss you," Buck whispered, closing his eyes to stop them from moving from Eddie's eyes, to his lips. Buck knew this was wrong, they worked together, Buck had a girlfriend, he was straight.

No. of these thoughts stopped Buck from doing this to Eddie.

"Evan, you have a girlfriend," Eddie whispered, in response to Buck calling his name and the question Buck had asked. Buck didn't care about that. He immediately kissed Eddie's lips, Eddie never protested.

It was sweet at first. Eddie's hands got lost in Bucks hair and Bucks hands gripped his waist, tight.

Buck roughly pulled Eddie's body closer, making him moan. He wanted to feel there bodies touching. Eddie gasped into the kiss, letting Buck slide his tongue into his mouth.

Buck didn't know what came over him besides the fact that he wanted to touch Eddie in every single way possible. Nibbling at Eddie's lips, sucking on them as the kiss got rougher.

But the euphoric feeling was cut short when they heard tiny footsteps. They quickly pulled away, they're lips slightly swollen, mostly Eddie's.

"Julianna snores," Christopher laughed as they walked into the kitchen with his hands on her back.

Buck only chuckled, walking over and picking up his 5 year old daughter.

"What do you say me and you take a trip to the store to get some food," Buck smiled setting her on the counter.

Julianna let out an excited, "yes!"

Eddie only smiled as Buck walked away for a moment to get her shoes.

"dad can we go, i want to hang o-out with Julianna m-m-more," Chris smiled.

Eddie only looked at Buck who nodded. He watched Buck with Julianna. How gentle he was with her. Treating her as if he's raised her, her whole life.

amazing father.