five

"Athena call 911"

"Athena call 911"

Echoed through his brain as he heard a man's voice speak to him and a loud beeping sound from whatever machine that was in the room.

"vuelve a, mi querido," the man whispered, gripping Bucks hand. Bucks closed eyes filled with tears. Eddie.

He wanted to open his eyes and hug his best friend, but he couldn't. as hard as he tried, he couldn't, it hurt. The last thing he remembered was going to Taylor's house, being greeted by her father. He had no idea why his lower region hurt so bad, why his whole body did.

He felt a pain in his leg, the same pain he felt when the fire truck fell on him. Then that whole ordeal played through his head.

The lawsuit, his time spent in the hospital, not being able to go back to work because of the blood thinners, his team hating him. No one welcomed him back except Hen and Chim. It was like no one cared for him anymore. This whole situation caused him to let out a whimper of pain, making Eddie stop talking.

When Evan still hadn't woken up, Eddie went back to talking about a crazy call the team had went on. not dangerous, literally crazy, but he switched from that, to just talking about them.

"The kiss, Ev. It wasn't just an in the moment thing. I wanted it so bad, I wanted you. I need you. So please come back to me. I can't do this without you, I need my partner," Eddie said. He could've sworn he heard a sob escape Eddie's lips.

Buck couldn't focus on that though. He could only focus on the pain that he felt throughout his body which was enough to wake him up. He let out a gasp for air, but didn't say anything and he didn't move. He woke up crying, gripping Eddie's hand, "Get off! Get off! I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me," He begged.

"Evan? Evan, it's just me, okay. It's Eddie," Eddie reassured, putting a hand on Eddie's face. "It's okay. Calm down," Eddie whispered, caressing his cheek.

When Buck came back to reality, his eyes darted towards Eddie, pulling him into a hug. Eddie held him tight. "Hey, it's okay. I got you," Eddie whispered as Buck cried. Eddie pulled away, "I'm gonna go get the nurses," Eddie told him softly.

"Please, don't leave me," Buck begged.

"I'll be right back, Evan," Eddie reassured, letting go of his cheek.

"Glad to see you awake, Mr. Buckley. I'm you're nurse, Nurse Covak. You've been out for a couple days. How're you feeling?" She asked softly.

"Exhausted and like i've been stabbed a million times," He complained, followed by a hiss as he tried to adjust in his bed.

"Well that's understandable. You're body has gone through an extreme amount of trauma," She sadly smiled and he raised an eyebrow. he looked down at his arm, seeing the tight bandage.

"What happened?" Buck asked, looking at Eddie and his Nurse.

"if it's uncomfortable you can take it off, we'll change it later," Nurse Covak said, avoiding his question when she saw Eddie shake his head no. The nurse smiled softly. he nodded, she walked out, but not before she sat Bucks bed up a little for him.

Bobby walked in, "Buck," he smiled.

Buck chuckled, "hey, Bobby," he breathed out.

A few moments later, his arm started to sting, he went to go remove his bandage to see what it was, but both Eddie and Bobby stopped him.

"The doctor said i could if it got uncomfortable, the bandage is making it burn," he questioned. Bobby only shook his head no.

"Buck, we're telling you don't do it. not now at least," Eddie said sternly, "if you trust us, you'll listen," he whispered, pulling his chair closer to Bucks bed.