Chapter one

I was in the middle of a shoot for vogue Italia when my phone was going off non stop ' uhm excuse me for just a moment I'm just gonna answer quickly it might be important! ' I said smiling at the photographer who nodded as they went to look at the photos we'd just taken.

I went to the side ' hey?? ' I said frustrated as I answered the phone.

' hey baby ' I heard my fathers voice say gently.

' oh hey father I didn't know it was you who was calling ' I said more calmly this time,

' it's fine my love, what are you doing? ' he asked me sounding excited which wasn't like him at all usually.

' well I'm in the middle of a shoot for vogue, so if you don't mind can I call you back soon father? ' I said a little stressed as I was walking back and fourth

' yeah of course call me when your done!, good luck love ' my father said calmly which was again not like him at all.

I didn't think much of it and I hung up, went back to continue with the shoot to get it done with.

After a few hours had gone by I was done with the shoot so I packed my things, said good bye to the photographer and called my father while I was on my way out of there.

' Hey how did the shoot go ' I heard my fathers happy voice say.

' Well it went good I think I mean it felt good at least, but switching to the topic what did you want father? ' I asked him with all of my curiously inside of me grew, my father hadn't even bothered to reach out to me in years since we had that fight at Easter two years ago who made me cut them off.

One bit of me hoped it was him finally noticing all my hard work and just calling to tell me how he was proud of me. But one bit of me knew he didn't call for that, he'd always hated that I went my own way and became a model Instead of becoming a house wife in an arranged marriage that they'd set up for me. They had done it with my brother and of course he agreed as he did everything they asked him to without complaining or even thinking about it but me on the other hand I went my own way. I'd always went my own way, it was that who had made us fall apart all those years ago or to be honest ever since my childhood.

' Well as you know me and your mothers wedding anniversary is coming up soon and I have sent the plane for you to fly back to Monaco and spend this weekend with us ' he said sounding very happy and excited which he almost never was.

I was taken a bit back by his words and how happy he sounded ' well I don't know if I can I have a lot going on right now father ' I said.

' Well I called your assistant telling her to cancel everything you had booked next week and this weekend, the plane is in Italy in one hour and your bags are already packed as I made your assistant pack them as well so you have no choice but come my darling ' he said going back to his normal tone.

I sighed but then agreed reluctantly. I didn't really wanna go home for many different reasons one of them making it weird as I hadn't spoken to them since the fight two years ago. I had really only talked to my brother and my sister in law from time to time. My brother was the only one in my family who I had talked to everyday since I cut my other family off. But I knew couldn't turn my parents down now as they'd sent the plane and everything so I decided to just go and see what was up.

Don't get me wrong my brother and his wife were happy and they had two beautiful daughters and I of course loved my nieces to death even though I'd only seen them quite a few times in the past two years. And if I was honest I'd only seen them when they'd came to London to visit me for a few weeks every summer these past two years and then I'd only seen my brother when he came to London for business trips. Every time he'd came to London for a business trip he stayed at my house and spent some time with me when he didn't work. I loved it cause I could see my brother and my nieces even though I wasn't on speaking terms with the rest of my family, which on the other hand was okay for me as they'd done nothing but make me feel bad my whole life for choosing to go my own way and become a model. None of them honestly ever believed I would make it big in the model industry and when I did make it big in the model industry they just thought I got lucky. And quite frankly I just let them think that I didn't need to prove myself to some people who had never even cared about me anyway.