Chapter twentyseven

As I'd gotten ready I started heading downstairs when I walked past Lewis room and seeing him struggling with putting on his tie and fix his suit I laughed and decided to go and help him.

' don't you know how to do it ' I said laughing while I stood in front of him helping him.

' well I do but it just wouldn't work this time ' he said as he joined me laughing.

' there now you look good ' I said as we still stood close with just inches between us just looking at each other in silence.

While we were looking at each other in silence Lewis sister came and I quickly pulled away coming to my senses.

' are you guys coming or what ' Samantha asked as I nodded and proceeded to go with Sam and Lewis downstairs to everyone else who was waiting for us.

_ _ _ _

As we got downstairs we all got in the cars and started driving to the restaurant.

I sat in the car with Samantha, Lewis and Lewis niece and nephew. I honestly loved talking to Lewis sister and especially his niece and nephew they were just so easy people to talk to and his niece and nephew were very curious children. They asked questions about everything and anything, I honestly found it funny and cute that they were so curious about everything. Just like they should've honestly, I was more than happy to answer all of their questions.

Being with Lewis niece and nephew made me even more excited about having kids some day. I could start seeing me and Charles raising some children one day, them going to his races with me cheering for him. I wasn't gonna lie I felt like in some way I was falling for Charles in all the chaos I felt like I was actually falling for him in some crazy way. I actually wanted to see myself having somewhat of a little family with him one day, raising the children in a big house with relatives coming over on Christmas and on Easter. Letting the children grow up in a big living house with a mother and father who loved them to bits. I wanted that with Charles in some crazy way I did want that and I didn't know why I wanted that but I did.

I wondered if I should call him after the lunch and I decided I should to tell him I wanted to talk about things. These days made me sure he was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, the one I wanted to raise my children with. I didn't know what I was gonna say or what I wanted to say but I was gonna talk to him after lunch and ask him to come to London so we could talk.

I don't know maybe I was crazy for falling for Charles but in some crazy way I felt like I was falling for him and I needed to tell him that in some way.

As we got out of the car Samantha asked me to take her daughter out of the car and hold her hand until we came into the restaurant, as she had to go and tell her husband something real quick and Lewis was gonna take his nephew, I gladly agreed. I loved children, I always had loved children but I never found that I wanted my own children until now.

As I took her daughter out of the car I took her hand. As we started walking to the restaurant Nicolas who was lewis brother came who walked with me and sam's daughter inside.

While we got inside I saw this big chandelier hanging in the high ceiling. I remembered this place the big windows, the high ceilings, the fancy tables, the fancy table arrangements. I had been here with my brother multiple times when he came to stay with me in London whilst he was on his business trips. It was one of my favorite restaurants, I always came here when I came back to London, it had became a little bit of a tradition to come here when I came back to London after being away from London for quite a while.

— — — —

As we later got lead to our table I checked my phone quickly before I put it away to be social and talk to Lewis niece who screamed my name trying to get me to look at her new toy.

Later into the evening we were about to leave and just waited for the boys to get the cars while we waited in the lobby. I got on my phone and messaged Charles asking if we could talk soon and then I went on Instagram and saw Charles had posted on his story.

When I had checked his story I got the shock of a lifetime, he'd posted Charlotte sitting on a restaurant with him and captioned it ' lunch dates with my love ' for a moment I just looked at the story over and over again. When I had looked at it for a good amount of times I felt my eyes getting watery, my heart breaking and then falling on my knees. Sitting there on the floor I could only think about that future I'd thought about with Charles fading. I could already see all headlines being about Charles story and about me being an idiot for thinking for even a minute that we'd actually have a happy future together, growing old together.

Eventually I felt a warm presence hugging me, when I looked up I saw Lewis sitting there with me on the ground with Samantha besides him. As they both got me up from the ground they helped me get to the car and then Samantha drove me home to Lewis while everyone else went to the park.

— — — —

As I'd gotten to Lewis house I saw Charles had messaged me back saying ' yeah I'm in London meet me tonight I also have something to say ' I just stared at the text while Sam sat besides me on the sofa.

' what happened ' I heard Sam ask me after sitting in silence for a couple of minutes.

' Charles uhm ' I then showed her his story and she hugged me and held me in a hug for a good amount of minutes.

I then showed her his text while I was still laying on her lap with my head while she was hugging me.

' well hear him out maybe he wanna talk about your future as well ' she said after she'd read the messages.

' maybe but I don't know ' I said as I played with my nails.

' come on if you don't, you never know what he wants to say ' she said trying to lift my spirits and I eventually promised her I'd meet up with him and talk to him.

Samantha was actually becoming a good friend of mine, the more time we spent together the closer we got and I felt like we would be very good friends in the future. She was just easy to talk to, she was always so positive and happy. Well she was a very good listener as well if I may add that but I'm general she was just an easy, happy and supportive person. I loved that about her if I was gonna be honest.