Chapter fiftythree

Charles pov:

I woke up seeing Quinn and Liv dancing in the living room of our villa we had while we were here in Bali. I smiled as I walked up to them and gave Quinn a kiss before going to take a shower.

We all landed late yesterday but Liv seemed to be relatively energetic even though the jet lag.

' hey, how did you sleep ' Quinn asked as she came in the room.

' I slept good, I'm still tired but it was nice sleeping a bit ' I replied smiling.

She smiled as she went to get her bathing suit on and I looked at her. ' were we gonna go on the yacht today ' I asked her.

She turned to me. ' yeah, but first I'm going to the beach with Pascale and Liv ' she smiled.

' you're gonna leave me to hang out with my mom and my daughter '

She laughed ' i love you're mom ' she paused as she kissed me ' but I love you as well '

I smiled. ' fine then ' I said ' but when you guys are done come by the yacht, we will be there ' I added.

She ran to the bathroom ' will do! ' she replied as I laughed at her.

She realized she was running late so she quickly took Liv and ran out the door with me laughing at her as I saw my mom standing there waiting for those two. I just shook my head as I walked to get ready to meet my brothers, Carlos and their girlfriends at the yacht.

Quinn's pov:

' hi Pascale! ' I said ' sorry I'm so late, I was rushing to get ready ' I added.

' hi my dear ' she smiled ' it is okay, don't worry I'm not in a hurry '

I smiled at her as she hugged Liv and we made our way down to the beach. We were on the way down there just catching up as we hadn't seen each other for quite the while.

As we got down to the beach we left our stuff and then went down in the water, Liv was having the time of her life.

' so how's things going with my son ' Pascale asked.

I sighed ' well better than before, we're still working on it but I feel like we'll be okay ' I smiled.

' just know Quinn, no matter what you're always apart of this family and you'll always be my daughter in law ' Pascale said smiling.

' thank you Pascale, I really want things to work out with Charles ' I said smiling.

Pascale held Liv ' I think he wants that too Quinn, he really is trying to change for the better for you ' Pascale smiled as she was holding Liv who was splashing in the water.

I smiled ' I know he's trying his best ' I answered.

' Quinn, may I? ' she asked.

' yeah of course, I always need your opinion '

She sighed ' when you first got married I think it was the wrong moment, Charles wasn't happy about it not because he had to marry you but because he didn't feel like he was at that moment in life to be able to be a good husband. I shouldn't have forced him to but I knew in the end it would be good for both of you and I think if you both put in the effort you can make it work because you really are meant to be together Quinn, he fell in love with you from the moment he met you but he acted like he did because he thought to himself he wasn't good enough for you so he wanted to push you away '

I looked at her trying not to cry. I hadn't thought about it like that before. I mean he had been pushing me away from the start but I thought it was because he didn't love me, but he did love me all along but he told himself he didn't because he didn't think he was good enough.

I never thought about it that way but now that I did some of his pushing away behavior had made sense. How he ran to others to run away from me.

' I love you Pascale ' I smiled as we hugged.

' I love you too Quinn, your one of my favorite ever girlfriends Charles have had '

We both laughed a bit as we agreed to walk to the yacht to meet the others. As we arrived to the yacht Charles & Arthur were on the jet skis doing their childish races. I just went to give Liv some food meanwhile Pascale sat with Charlotte which was Lorenzo's girlfriend, Isa which was Carlos girlfriend and Carla which was Arthur's girlfriend.

When I got back Liv was sleeping inside the yacht in the bedroom and I went to Pascale and the girls meanwhile the guys were racing on their jet skis.

Carlos and Charles were the ones who were mostly racing each other, Arthur was in it sometimes but sometimes he was honestly just doing his own thing and Lorenzo was just doing his own thing. Making sure they didn't do any stupid stuff other than racing.

When Charles finally came up from the jet-ski I was coming out of the yacht so while he had his towel on I gave him as kiss as he hugged me just staying in my arms. 

' you missed me?? ' I laughed.

He nodded while still staying in my arms ' I missed you a lot '

I looked at him and he had a small smile on his lips as we went to the others and I laid on his lap as he sat besides his mom.

' should we go to a restaurant tomorrow?? ' Carlos asked.

' yeah, I'm down for that ' Charles nodded.

I also nodded with Charles ' why not '

Everyone else also agreed then I, Pascale and Carla went to make today's dinner while the others were chilling or in the water. Charles had Liv and I didn't know what they were doing but with what I heard from their screams he was probably in the water with Liv trying to teach her how to swim. I think he didn't know that a two year old can't exactly swim yet. But it's okay he will realize it on his own. Hopefully.

When he after about an hour came in he tried to touch the foot but I nocked his hand away.

' Stay away from the kitchen! ' I yelled.

He tilted his head ' why, I'm good at cooking! '

I looked at him as he laughed nervously.

' sometimes ' he added.

' that's the biggest lie of this year ' I laughed.

He seemed offended ' it is not! '

' I'm sorry son, it is ' Pascale joined me.

' are you teaming up on me with my beautiful wife?? ' he asked.

I laughed ' definitely am when she's right Charles! ' Pascale said.

' get out of the kitchen! ' I said as I tried to get him out.

' only if you give me a kiss ' he smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I kissed him ' there now go! '

' fine, fine! '

We all just laughed as he made his defeated walk out of there out to the others.