Chapter fiftytwo

Charles pov:

It was race day and I couldn't wait till it was over and I finally could get to Bali with Carlos. I was also surprising Quinn with the fact that my mother, Liv, brothers & their girlfriends Carla and Charlotte were coming as well with us to Bali. So we'd have like a family trip. It was hard to explain but it would be a great summer break trip that's for sure.

I was sitting in a press conference, waiting for it to be over as soon as possible.

I looked over at Max who was talking with Daniel and Carlos about something I didn't hear when I was zoned out, I leaned in to hear what they were saying when I suddenly heard my name being called by one of the reporters.

' he wasn't listening, can u repeat that? ' max said jokingly.

I punched his arm as he laughed at me and the reporter repeated what he'd said.

' so Charles, what's your plans for the summer break now?? '

I nodded to assure him I'd heard and I thought about what to say for a moment.

' uh well I haven't planned that much except for spending time with my wife and my beautiful daughter Olivia but uh yeah we'll see, I'll probably push Max here down from a yacht or something too '

' thank you, Charles '

Max looked at me almost offended then I just laughed and he laughed with me, I went back to talking with Max and Carlos as I saw I'd gotten a notification on my phone. I checked and saw it was Quinn asking how everything was going, I replied quickly that everything was going well and then I asked how Liv was doing but after that I put my phone down because Max and Carlos looked at each other with a smirk on both of their annoying faces.

' what! ' I whispered.

' our boy is in love man, the playboy Charles ouch you've grown up to be a man! ' Max said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes at him as Carlos spoke.

' Charles has became a daddy and suddenly he's a grown man, wow didn't see that coming ' Carlos added.

' shut up both of you! '

' we'll never shut up Charles, I thought you knew that at this point ' Max teased.

I just rolled my eyes at him once again and then went back to whatever I was doing.

— — —

After the race I immediately went to the meetings and stuff then I was on my way to the hotel with Max, Carlos & Kelly because our plane for Bali left in three hours and we had to pack and get to the airport and get there before my family did. Else the whole surprise would be ruined and I couldn't have that happen, not after I'd planned everything so well for once.

As I got to my hotel room I put my bag down and I immediately started packing as I called Quinn on FaceTime. She picked up almost immediately after I called.

' hey. How did the race go, I didn't get to watch it because we were at the beach ' she asked.

' I've had better races, but it went okay overall ' I laughed.

' I'm packing now so we'll probably leave the hotel in like an hour or so, just wanted to tell you that we were on our way ' I added.

' okay, that's great news, call me when you all land in Bali ' she said.

' will do, I'll see you later mon amour '

' see you later baby '

We hung up and I went back to packing and then I went down to the lobby to check out and then I met Carlos downstairs in the lobby who also was ready but as usual Max and Kelly weren't. Or like this Kelly was but Max wasn't, it was probably Max holding her up because he ran around looking for ' last minute things ' whatever that now was. But honestly I didn't have time for all that shit now. I just wanted to get to the airport to get there in time and just be able to chill before the plane took off.

But Max didn't seem to have one single worry in the world, I'd almost forgotten how annoying he was sometimes. Although he was my friend and I loved him a lot, although don't tell him I said that because he would get the biggest ego and I don't wanna give him that ego boost. ( and before u say it no I didn't like him as a lover, I promise. Maybe )

Anyway after a good 15 minutes Max and Kelly came downstairs and also checked out and as i'd expected it was Max who was running around looking for ' last minute things ' like he always do and Kelly had just been ready a long time ago. Sometimes I thought it would be the other way around but now when I'd gotten used to it, I was used to it being Max who took long time not his girlfriend. Although he couldn't blame his girlfriend for being late because everyone always knew he was the late one. And I could always tease him about being the late one of us all. But like he said ' pretty people are always late ' right??

As we got in the car I decided to drive so we could get there faster and everyone else didn't seem to have a problem with that. Or they just didn't say anything, either way I didn't care.

As we later got to the airport we checked in our bags and then went to eat something before we got on Max's private plane and made our way to Bali. I was looking forward to some rest and vacation. Finally. With family and friends, what more could you ask for except for millions of dollars but yeah.